Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Badger_55

Tent sites for Winni?

9 posts in this topic

Anybody know about tentsites open for fishing opener weekend?

I would check out the state forest campgrounds.

Typically the USFS camp-sites get all swallowed up by "locals" or whom-ever a week before opener. They pitch a tent or leave a car, they PAY but do not stay.....

I gave up trying to find a camp site even on Thursday before opener...

If the state forests are full, give Nodak Resort a try. I know they have some camp sites and everything you need to fish.

northland and the pines also have campsites or maybe even high banks will be ready

Jason

Last I heard you have to occupy the camp site the first 24 hours or forfeit the site to someone else. Be it you pay or not.

You're in luck!! We just had a cancellation - we have an opening in one of our lodge fishhouses/rv trailers!! They are parked on the lake side - all set up (the big red trailer pictured in the ad on the top of this page). If you have any interest give us a call. Looks like it is going to be a great 2007 opener!! Nice weather forecasted. Water temps are climbing. Shiners are moving and the lake level is slightly higher than mid-summer levels. So we are in good shape for access.

If you want to still use a tent Cutfoot Sioux Inn has campsites also.