• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was in Chisago today (Friday - March 23) and the cops were buzzing around. Took the back 'frontage' road along the park, through town and noticed the firetrucks at the park, right south of the skatepark in Chisago.

Looked out onto Chisago Lake and there was 'vehicle' in the water about 1/3-1/2 way on the plowed road out to the A-frame.

Almost looked from where I was to be what Hovermn has in his avatar.

Anyone hear anything??

The stragest part, I parked on the road that heads to the lake from in town, not the access in the channel.

There's a thin ice sign there, and there's tire tracks in the mud going to the lake, but the shoreline was open water, so I'm not sure how they got on the ice.

Only thing I can think of, is that they got on at a different location and were just driving down the road.

From what I heard earlier today is that some older gentelman from Fridley put his truck in on Chisago.

I talked to an older dude last thursday driving on the lake that was from Fridley... I told him I didn't think the ice was safe for driving any more... HE said, he knew what he was doing.. Guys got to wonder if its the same dude... Hope he is alright.

Quote:

I talked to an older dude last thursday driving on the lake that was from Fridley... I told him I didn't think the ice was safe for driving any more... HE said, he knew what he was doing.. Guys got to wonder if its the same dude... Hope he is alright.

The vehicle I saw was white, pretty square it looked like.

Also looked like an older guy, walking hunched over to meet the rescue personnel....

Quote:

HE said, he knew what he was doing

You would think by the age of 60+ you would have learned not use that phrase. I learned it at about 12.

Quote:

Report in the paper this week was a gentleman from Fridley that put the vehicle in. They're waiting until after ice out to get the vehicle out...... Musta been the same guy???