Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
B@ssDoctor

Hutchinson Area Get-Togethers

37 posts in this topic

Time to start thinking about a Multi-Species Get Together ever week on Wednesdays. Poeple have shown interest in the past few years, but nothing has happened. I know there are other weekly get togethers that people belong to, but I would like to start a new one.

Would anyone be interested in this......

Since I didn't officially call it a L%@$#ge or a Tou%@ment, I hoping that LMITOUT will let this slide...... laugh.gif

I think that a get-together would be more likely to happen rather than a structured league or tournament as most would prefer to go fishing without the rules and pressure and just have a good time. Come whatever time you make it and leave when you want to type of deal. Not to say there can't be any side wagers wink.gif but with no "fee" I bet more people would be willing to participate.

If there is enough interest in this thread, I'll create a new thread and sticky it for discussion of more specific info and details with suggestions by those interested.

I would likely attend if I didn't have any conflicts. Set a date and time, and you can probably count me in!

i would be very interested in wednesday fishing nights

Welcome to Fishing MN zrt!

I would also show up if the date works for me.

I should clarify that if it's a one-time get-together, I'd likely attend. A league would not fit my schedule (although it would be fun if I had the time).

No, not a league format but rather something more informal. I'm not sure if a weekly thing would get enough people, but maybe every two weeks or once a month? All depends on the feedback here so lets hear everyone's thoughts.

Are you thinking about doing the same lake each time or trying different lakes?

Different lakes around this area. Mix it up a little.

My idea would be to have get togethers periodicially at different lakes. Meet at the lake and head out for the evening or day if it's on a weekend. No specific species to target, just head out and have a good time on the lake.

Some lakes to think about would be: Washington, Belle, Erie, Collinwood, Minnie Belle, Stella, and others if suggested. Maybe put them in a hat and pull one out to see what the lake of the week/month is depending on how often we do this.

I don't have much for a boat, but I'd be all for something like this. I know another guy in my neighborhood that probably would be up for it too. If it was on a weekend we could make a camping thing out of it too.

I'd be up for it deffinitly, some good comradirie and hopefully good fishing just get out and have some fun with other people that enjoy that great sport of fishing lets get it organized and have a good time

Whatever gets set up, I'll try and attend a couple of events.

When I started this thread, these were my intentions:

Wednesday Evenings: 6:00 start at the defined launch/lake-8:30 end time until May 9th. 9:00 thereafter

Location: Locations/Species for that location defined at the beginning of the year. A couple of Mystery nights/Species thrown in.

Entry Fee-None

Limit 2 or 3 people per boat-

Species Limits for weigh-in: 20 pan fish (crappies/sunfish combined) /6 bass/3 pike/8 walleye. Any additional numbers/types of species may be kept for personal reasons.

Weigh-In- No weekly standings. Daily weigh-ins recorded and posted on the Internet.

It would be nice to have some sort of an “unofficial format” so we can keep it fun but organized. We especially need to watch the weigh-in limits so we do not have dead fish, dying fish to deal with at night. The other reason to define the lakes prior to the season starting would be to do the work now (deciding on what lakes/species) so when open water comes, all we need to know is what bait to bring and where.

Let me know your thoughts…

il'd try to attend as many as my schedule allows for

I would possibly attend a few

I'm open to anything and it should be based off what the majority wants to do. I don't fish bass or panfish so those nights don't interest me much personally.

The thing that bothers me with "weigh-ins" is the trouble it causes at the boat ramps. I've been witness to many a bass league night and it does nothing but disrupt a relaxing fishing evening for those not participating...especially at these smaller lakes around here. They all think they are Roland Martin and $100,000 is on the line and the lake is a mess for the rest of the night. Their boats clog up the ramps because they pile in at a certain time and pile out later at the same time. Courtesy doesn't exist on these nights as those who are not affiliated with their group seem to be imposing on their league night. I don't want to be "one of those guys" and I don't want this to be "one of those leagues". frown.gif

During the work-week doesn't usually work for me personally. But whatever is decided, I'll keep an eye open and if I'm able to make it to an event, I'll let you know.

I'am sure I will make it to some of them. As far as species, I really dont care which ones.

I might be game for showing you guys how to fish hahaha... JK cool.gif

Now that was funny Central Bass-!! grin.gif

Sounds good to me CB. Hopefully you will teach me something. wink.gifgrin.gif

LOL... Im always game for teaching and show people some things i know about bass fishing. Thats why im on this website... cool.gif

BassDoctor... Are you one of the HTI boys?? hahaha wink.gif

id be up for goin to the crow some time and showin u guys a thing or two if i can figure it out now after the new bridge and what the bottom changed due to it...lol

I would love to see a few things about bass fishing. There is always time for everyone to learn a thing or two.

I say we all get together and rip some mouths.