• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tubby's Press Conference

Scott M

Press conference is still going on this minute. Tubby's taking questions. Maturi's introduction was unique, comparing the University's postseason history to Tubby's personal postseason history. What a comparison. Tubby hasn't said anything too profound, but interestingly this morning he was on ESPN radio and said he likes fishing and wants to try ice fishing.

Coaches are always trying to say the right things, but let's be honest, he didn't leave KY because he wanted a new challenge, there was obviously a lot of pressure and he just wasn't valued as much as he should have been, IMO.

(He's getting a lot of questions about KY, even one from the Kentucky Colonel newspaper that followed him up here)

Reusse just asked the weirdest question grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif It was something about the pressures of Notre Dame football versus Kentucky basketball.

Not too many people in the barn, but hey, it's a 12:00 press conference. Tubby still needs to learn the rouser, but he is gonna be good!!!!! cool.gif

He's a process guy, likes 4 year players, teaches good defense and grind it out offense. I think he's a winner for us in Big Ten play, we are lucky...Let's see where it goes from here, it can only go up. I hope he really is ten-loss Tubby next year, wouldn't that be something? laugh.gif

I agree, his style of the game fits the big 10 well, better than the SEC.