Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
badfish

Clearwater/Becker area?

5 posts in this topic

Hi does anyone know of a good fishing spot for smallies anywhere from a 1/2 mile up or downstream of the clearwater or becker landing. I'll be in my kayak so I don't want to paddle too far. Also i've never been on the mississippi so is there anything I should watch out for? thanks

Yeah, watch out for the DNR! The bass season doesn't open until 2 weeks after the walleye opener.

well I wont be out till then but I thought I would get as much info before then so im ready

Ahhh, I was hoping you'd say that. Well, I hope you do get some good advice, I'm interesting in fishing that area too. I cross the river at that bridge all the time and it looks really promising down there. As low as the water has been though I think I might just throw some sandles on and wade up and down the river. When it's hot and muggy I can do that all day...very productive fishing too.

Don't know about distance but there was a TV show that had some guy fishing the backwater of the monticello nuceal power plant slackwater. Caught some lm adn sm. Hope it helps.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• tacklejunkie
      With warmer weather coming hopefully so will the reports.   I've been watching the bay and it seems like things are breaking up out there so I'm anticipating getting out in the next two weeks on the big lake.   Boat is ready. Just need a place to launch. Anybody been to McQuade the last few days?
    • ZachD
      I thought Archery is not restricted correct me if I am wrong   Licenses for the Spring Turkey Hunts are awarded in a computerized preference drawing for the A-B time periods. C-F time period licenses can be purchased over the counter in mid-March. Turkey hunters, other than licensed archery hunters and youth are restricted to the WILD TURKEY PERMIT AREA and TIME PERIOD selected at time of purchase
    • trebormorgan
      That wasn't the size of lake I expected to be safe, but still.    500 ft from shore and they got a ladder to him?  Well, I'm glad he made it out safe.  Either way, thanks to the man above looking after.    I'm surprised the media didn't blow this one out of proportion.  
    • ZachD
      The only reason they allow you to have a gun while archery hunting deer is if you have a ccw. They did this because if they didn't it would impede on your rights to carry.   Thank you for contacting the Minnesota DNR.   You are correct, your friend is not. Even having both licenses, a person can't have both weapons with them at the same time. That person would need to choose which weapon and license to use, can’t do both hunts with both weapons at the same time.   Please feel free to contact us if you have further questions either by email or by calling 888-646-6367 M-F 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and on Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
    • Rick G
      Last ice fishing trip for the year today