Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roscoe16

Lake Access

4 posts in this topic

Are all of the accesses still open, Adrian's, Morris Point, Zippel Bay? Heading up tomorrow. Also, anyone got a current fishing report, best area, depth? Thanks.

Roscoe16

All still open.

I fished Morris last weekend in 28' and did just fine. I really don't think there is a "Majic" depth right now. Sounds like that 18-12' range over Pine is good during the two prime times (early and late). We caught a nice mixed bag of walleye's, saugers, perch, and tulibee's out deeper.

Looks like a beautiful weekend, so there should be no excuse for not trying some different depths.

Thanks for the report!

Roscoe16

Was just up at Zipple Bay Resort, Nick has roads still marked, but LOTZA water on the ice on Wednesday of this week when we were there. When driving out to house, we turned around & headed back cuz water was flowing so much & water was on ice all the way to shore. Still 3 feet of ice or so on the lake, but belts on my Jeep sure made a FUSS! Must say tho, fishing was GREAT! Just my Mom & I went for a one-day trip, and I weighed in a 8lb Walleye, over 29.5" long!! Limited out in 26 feet of water, with 8 walleyes for us, and 4 sauger to add to the pot!! Used a gold jig the whole day, nothing else. Had a great time, but next year will go EARLIER in the year, cuz the water freaked us out!! Hope you make it there & good luck fishing!!