Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Team Otter

Opener Countdown...

20 posts in this topic

52 days 'til opener. Sounds better and better every day!

Is everyone ready for the "big day"?

50 days, 3 hours, and 18 minutes. But who's counting. grin.gif

Pickin up my new tournament sport from the faribault dealer Tomorrow....!!!

I cant wait!!!

anybody know of an open area that i can go test it... grin.gif

Go to Red Wing on your way home. Launch was pretty good today. Those 50 days seem like forever right now!!! I wonder if I can arrange my tackle in any other ways?

Tell me about it. I have cleaned out my tackle box times and organized my hooks, changed my line, cleaned the boat, now I am just waiting for the water to open up on Minnetonka for some Crappie fishing. Then there is that glorious day that starts the season. I can't wait and my wife can't wait for me to shut up about it. Apparently she doesn't like to look at maps and put together a game plan a month and a half out.

my wife said "Good Lord you need to get out NOW!!! You have Cleaned your rods and reels twenty times!!!"

My right index finger keeps twitching!!

Opie

49 days, 6 hours, and 22 minutes. I'm still not counting.

Keep ice fishing to stay distracted. grin.gif

It's just to hard. When your not catching them, you have a watch time and a little knowledge. 48 days, 15 hours, 15 minuets.

I do realize I'm in the minority here, but I for one am counting down the days until first ice in december!!! Not a summer fisherman, but LOVE the ice!!!

Your sick to already be thinking about first ice. I was going to tell K Dawg to relax and try not to think about it. But Ryan there is just something wrong with you.

All in good fun. I'm thinking about crappie fishing on Minnetonka and can't wait for a couple more weeks before that first bobber goes down for the year. My wife is a psychologist and she is trying to tell me that this obsession is not normal and should be treated medically. My response was "your darn right I do." I am glad I am in good company here.

Lakes are a hospital. smirk.gif

Quote:

Lakes are a hospital.
smirk.gif

Trauma level three.

Tick, tock, tick, tock: 44 days and some change. grin.gif

We just got camping and boats slips reserved for the weekend for our group......can't wait!!! grin.gif

Ryan, Kdog and Trophyeys,

You all are not alone! We at Shackbash General Regional Treatment Center have a cure for Mid Season Fishing Fatigue. Our staff will work day and night to help those fallen fisherman. Our dosage consists of a smelling salts regiment called Planofresh. We perform a treatment regiment with three daily doses of this new item. We have perfected the smell of your tackle box opened for the first time of the year and made it into a pharamisuticle grade revive smelling salt. This, blended with a six pack or two of your most refreshing alcoholic beverage will bring you back to reality and get threw until the opener . At Shackbash

General Regional Treatment Center we help you make it to opener with love. Good luck and please call our 24 hour treatment line @ 555-fish. Our staff is on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. But wait! For the wives and or husbands with spouses that have been infected by Mid Season Fishing Fatigue, please feel free to use our 24 hour 7 day a week drive up and drop off site. Remember it is B.Y.O.B. have a nice day.

Sincerley with love,

Dr. SHACKBASH M.D.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! BRAVO!!

regards,

minnesotatuff

I thought there was no advertising on here.... grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Well done sir. That was awesome.

This is typical Opening Day weather. grin.gif

41 days!