Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Jeff

Mora Ice conditions

9 posts in this topic

I am wondering how the ice is around Mora, I was hoping it holds out for another week. I want to head out over the 31st but I don't want to make a trip to find out I should have brought the boat.

I don't know about the lakes right around Mora, but I live on a lake about 20 miles from Mora. I was out on it yesterday, and we still have two feet of good ice. We have the same weather, so I would think Mora's lakes would still have fishable ice. Probally not quite the info you wanted, but the best I can do.

Thanks for the up date, I was thinking about hitting fish lake and just walking out but who knows I go 3 bills so if I can walk out most people can walk out. Good luck on the ice!!!

Not sure about fish lake, but people are still fishing Ann. Some nice sunnies have been coming out of there the last week or so after a horrible winter bite out there. the access off 47 is closed, so you'll have to use the other one to the north east.

Bigjeff I was out on Fish on Friday and a guy was driving his Subaru all around the lake. I really thought he was going to go thru but he made it off the lake.The ice will be good for sat and sun but its going fast.

Fished Ann Lake on Saturday.Did real well once I found fish.Nice lake...nice fish. smile.gif

Ok, I am thinking of going on Sunday to Fish, think it would be possible to walk out there? How much ice was out there? I am a little worried about the where the river comes in, with the warm weather I am thinking it is eating ice fast. Thanks for the updates

i am near the Mora area but have not seen the lakes like fish inthe last 2 weeks.....but i am not even 20 miles to the west and the lakes are not for venturing out on anymore.....i was on green on saturday in princeton and you had 20 ft to get to the main sheet of ice and even then the ice was starting to really look bad. the last three days have convinced me that ice season is done for unless you go 4+ hours north of the cities like red lake!!! Good luck but you might want to bring a pole and shore fish!! Alot of lakes have been losing 2-4 inches of ice if not more a day!!!!!!! crazy.gif

There was at least 20" on Saturday and they were still driving atv's but,there's been a lot of warm weather since then.

That was it for me.Time to hang it up till next season.Time to.....Wait a minute.What did you say about 4 hours north and Red Lake? smirk.gifgrin.gif