Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ISU Fisherman

Non slot fish on Sloted Lakes??

4 posts in this topic

what about slot fish between slot and non-slot lakes..

Hypo question - If ottertail had a min 11inch slot on Crappies, but I had boated up "a" river to Rush and caught and kept some crappies 9.5inchers. Boating (via a river) back accross Ottertail to the cabin,- Would I be legal??

Thanks??

Speaking for myself, I would go with the most restrictive reg in place if you are traveling via the river.

You should contact the DNR I remember reading somewhere you cant take fish under slot to a slot lake,they should be left someother place.I'm not positive tho DNR best bet!

This is very similar to Lake of the Woods. Right now, the limit for walleye is 2 on the Rainy River and 4-mile bay with no fish over 19.5 inches, but on the main lake the limit is 6 (no more than 4 walleye 19.5 - 28 PS). Up there, I recall that as long as you do not stop and attempt to fish on 4-mile or the river and are just transporting the fish back to your cabin you should be fine. However, LOW is a border water and I'm just a biologist and not a CO.

As Sparsebag mentioned I would contact the CO and ask for his interpretation before I would attempt anything. I would also check the regs on the river because many times the reg will extend into the tributaries.

WAR EAGLE!!!