Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LundExplorer

Suzuki trim gauge - question for Valv or other gurus

5 posts in this topic

I am looking to add a trim gauge, I have a 2005 DF140 Suzuki outboard. I'd like to match the rest of the gauges which are made by Faria (black background, gold trim). Are the standard 2-wire trim gauges compatible with my motor? The Faria web page was not really all that helpful as they don't list Suzuki on any of the pages I visited.

Do you happen to have any of these Val?

Thanks

First of all thank you for the "guru" classification.

I printed your post and I will keep it to show my wife.."see ??" I am going to tell her wink.gif

Anyway, unfortunately I don't have any black with gold trim, I have them with silver (aluminum) trim.

It should be no problem to add a trim gauge for your motor, I believe when you order them they will ask you for which motor, gauge should have 4 wires (Pos, Neg, Light, Signal) but there's a difference from OMC (evinrude/johnson) and the other brands.

Quote:

First of all thank you for the "guru" classification.

I'm not sure he's calling you a guru Valv - the title was "for Valv or other gurus" ... it wasn't for Guru valv... tongue.gif

marine_man

Quote:

I'm not sure he's calling you a guru Valv - the title was "for Valv or other gurus" ... it wasn't for Guru valv...
tongue.gif

marine_man

I guess, that's what my wife said too frown.gif

Then she said "..I told you so...!!!" frown.giffrown.gif

My new Alumacraft with a DF150 came without a trim gauge as well. I was surprised and thought about adding one but then asked myself why do I need one? I know the motor is down when it hits the stop. I know the motor is trimmed too far up when the prop cavitates. Just a thought………. I’ll by more lures instead. grin.gif