Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
troutman

Tonka or Prior?

3 posts in this topic

Everyone has their favorite body of water to ice fish.I happen to favor the sloughs and backwaters of rivers.That gig is pretty much over for the year and I'd like to get on the ice one more time.I was planning on going to Tonka on Saturday but,I'm thinking of giving Prior a shot.I've fished Tonka and Christmas quite a bit,in the past but I've never fished Prior.Also,Prior is a somewhat closer to me.Any thoughts or opinions? confused.gif

Sounds like you're already leaning toward Prior.....I've never fished it, so I would lean the other way. I know there are giant crappies in Tonka if you can find them and from the past 2 times I was out there (within the last week) there weren't too many people out on Tonka, so it might be more relaxing. It also might be really slushy this weekend and tough getting onto the ice. Be careful wherever you go and good luck.

Tonka is going to require waders by the weekend. ICe is starting to pull back from shorelines but is still over 18" thick. This weekend is probably it for me for ice fishing assuming I don't head for the river.