Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crazyice

Ice fishing reports (or lack of)

5 posts in this topic

Are there any fishing reports coming from the longville area?? Or has the ice deteriated to the point that not many people are out now??

I was out last weekend on a little lake near Longville, crappie bite was good. Buckshot rattle spoon (orange with glow backside) with crappie minnow caught the most fish, set line with chartruse hook took a few as well. 22"-24" of ice.

Bassmaster, were you able to drive a truck out, or did you walk/4wheel? Thanks,Joe

9joey1,

The ice was plenty safe, I could have easily driven the truck out, but I didn't, no need to. I can say that there were no indications of melting yet, no pulling away from shore or anything of that nature. I usually use a wheeler on this lake, it's very small and my dad has a place on it. It is just easier to drive the wheeler right out of the garage and down to the lake instead of loading the house into the truck and lifting it in and out every time I move.

B@ssmaster

Yesterday (28th) there was some foot traffic, however with the continued rain and warm temps, I would not venture out. Especially without an ice spud to check as you go