Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Random guy

Thank you

13 posts in this topic

I would like to thank the ones that do not care about the resource, the fishery, are the damge they do. Those that do this kind of stuff would be upset if I did this in their backyard.

Garbage left behind.

assi3.jpg

Wheel house blocking.

as3wi5.jpg

Blocking with nails and toilet bag in far snow bank.

as2ek9.jpg

One of many water jugs

as4cn2.jpg

Walleye remains and a beer can.

as5bc8.jpg

Another beer can, these are great when they drift into the shallows and kids cut their feet on them swimming.

as6ou3.jpg

Toilet bag FULL, I like to swim and fish in waters that have large amounts of fecal matter.

as7we8.jpg

You guessed it, more blocking.

as8tt4.jpg

Walleye remains. This guy is not wastful, he even cut out the cheeks.

as9gb9.jpg

Complete set of skids. I like to run into these when I'm guiding. It is not a full trip until you wreck your boat and hurt clients or tear the lower unit off.

as10pr9.jpg

I have seen enough of this. They can call me a rat, squealer or what ever they want, but I will not stand for this any longer. I am on the lake every day, if see a beer can left behind or even think some slob may be damaging the resource TIP is getting called. I ask that the many true sportsmen and women do the same, time for us to put a end to this.

They all deserved to be turned in. SLOBS! mad.gifmad.gif

Thats fricken "bush league"....I like to see a neat lake...and i turn my boat around when that (Contact Us Please) crawler tub flies out and drills me in the face. It is not that hard to do.

My neighbor with popular river access will be posting his land and having C.O.'s or deputies ticket those disregarding his signs. The reason for this is garbage and camping. Last year he had people camping on his land and leaving tons and tons of garbage.

He would let everyone fish if everyone took their garbage.

Thats the way it looked on our local lake also, it's just a sin that people disrespect the beautiful natural resources we have!!! i even found some 2lb propane canisters frozen into the ice,maybe we should form some kind of garbage swat team and have the dnr give us permission to give out tickets, can't wait to be up there this summer! good fishin

Un forthently I will be picking up peoples crap they have left behind the rest of the season.It truly is amazing that people do not care.As Jon said I swim in the lake every summer.Liter has always been a pet peve of mine and will continue to be.Please if your out here and see some garbage pick it up it does not bite

Back when I was guiding in Wisconsin, we had a warden that hated litterbugs more than anything.

One day I was guiding, fishing below a dam from my boat. A pickup truck pulls up and occupants procede to toss four full garbage bags into the river. I had my binocs out but could not get the plate number off truck.

Bags floated over to east side of river where it was unsafe to take boat. I tried snagging them with Zara Spook but too far away. Got home after dark and called our warden. He went down to the river in the dark and managed to snag a few of the bags of garbage from shore. Unfortunately there wasn't any mail or other stuff that would have helped ID the lubbers what tossed the trash. He and I were both hoping for something with a name or address. But he sure tried to nail em!

I honestly do not understand why any one would do that to our lakes. confused.gif

This is just a shame people can not take it home with them. Leave it for the next guy. Boy I would love to tell people that do this a thing or two shocked.gif.

I was out on Prior Lake 2 weekends ago, dropped the aqua vu down the hole and saw about 2 cases worth of bud light cans and bottles down there. If I ever catch someone doing that I'm gunna (insert physical threat here).

I get mad when some flips their cigarette butt out the window, seeing all that crap on the ice is outrageous.

When I see someone throw their cigarette on the ground in a parking lot my favorite thing to do is either put it under their windhshield wiper or slip it into their car if the window is rolled down an inch or two.

I can understand how up set every one is I have only two questions one eight dollars a day for lake access I spent ten days on red lake and went out of westwind the trash bags were all over the ground I my self and the other three sportsmen with me could see there was no room for more .Our guide service asked please put the trash in bags in the back hall and he would take care of them and he did .Now I know this is not the answer to all the problems that are pictured but part of the solution would be more or larger dumpsters my guess is if we are all not part of the solution we are part of the problem. Now if we can figure out the tons of walleyes taken out of the lake can we estimate the amount of anglers that are paying access fee,s? either money from access fees or larger fees to cover the larger or more dumpsters. ( Just one persons observation )

The idiots that are doing this don't care about a dumpster, to them the lake works just fine as they are obviously too stupid to realize the damage they are doing. It all comes back to respecting the resource. Makes me sick to see this going on!

JP-

I'm glad you have the candidness to bring this to everybody's attention. It's important for all of us to see how some individuals abuse the resource.

I would hope these are isolated events!