• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who is ready?, I can not wait to get out any body else feeling the itch. Pray for rain and the Ice to leave smile.gif. Lets get out soon, Hooks are sharp new line well I am ready but the lake is not confused.gif. God we need your help confused.gif.

Tom, if you're really itching to cast your line into open water, the Two Harbors breakwater was wide open yesterday.

I know I'm ready! Can't wait to see a good rainstorm in the forcast. Get those water temps risen. cool.gif

From what I could tell yesterday (wed 21st), the ice was broken up but not yet out of the knife river marina. I may try to slip the boat in this weekend.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

When its time, I'll be ready. Its not time yet.

Probably about the second week of April for me. Then its Crappie time!

Quote:

Probably about the second week of April for me. Then its Crappie time!

I am all ready. All I need is for a boat landing to thaw

We saw the open water area get a lot bigger during the course of today. I know that was due more to ice breaking off and drifting than it was to melting, but still, it's not going to be much longer...

We need more rain and warmer temp's. But I think it will be another 2-weeks before I get out.

No rain to speak of just a bit of a drizzle around here.

Tom -

Let me know when your ready! New plugs are in the mail, and should be here by Wednesday. Boat is cleaned out, tires aired back up. Have the charger on the batteries today. Just need to fill the pig up with Gas, and get 'er on the water. I may fill it up with Gas soon as it sits completely empty, and with prices fluctuation so much...it just makes sense!

Sad, Im thinking of filling the boat up with Gas, but have yet to drain the gas out of my Auger for the summer....it still may get it use yet!

Woodie, Not long now let me now when you would like to get the rest of the boat done so we can go to WI.

• 2 weeks later...

If it warms up over freezing this week I will be out confused.gif. I hope it warms up to get out grin.gif.

Tom, i have the boat set itself, just need:

line on the 4 new linecounter rods/reels i bought.

mount 2 more rod holders (or more) so i have one for all 6 poles.

Respool the downriggers with 400' of cable

Then get my butt on the water, and get moving!

Woodie, I bet after all you have done to the boat the girl friend can not wait to get out with you as well grin.gif. She will go I think when it warms up cool.gif.

I think thats the only time i can get her to go! Make room in the front of the boat for a pillow and tanning oil, and i'll be good. I have a feeling that i am going to be "that guy" from the stories we told after the swap meet. A few boats putting right next to me that i don't see till they are right on me....trying to get their sneek peak!

Woodie, they do sell binocs with dig cameras in them now. As for the lake there is alot of loose ice out there today. The point was lookig pretty white. shocked.gif

Well woodie I hope I can drive when you are bizy with the oil grin.gif. I can set lines and catch all the fish cool.gif. You might have to help net my fish confused.gif. Sorry for that but would be fun smile.gif.

It sounds like something that we may be able to do Tom. I'm still waiting for this darn ice to move another direction...preferrably up in space in a vapor format...but back on the other shore would suffice also!

• 2 weeks later...

From the looks of things through the web cam it looks like the ice has almost completely moved out of there. Has it?

No its still there. It may blow a ways today with S.W/W winds forecasted and hopefully some rain. We need rain bad, everything is very low around here.

Hows the forecast lookin for the next couple of days? Thinkin about gettin the boat out if the weather permits.

Here is the 10-day

Forecast Conditions High/Low °F Precip.

Chance Precipitation Wind Speed High Temperatures Low Temperatures

Tonight

Apr 23 Partly Cloudy

N/A/35° 0%

0 %

Tue

Apr 24 Partly Cloudy

56°/35° 10%

10 %

Wed

Apr 25 Sunny

57°/35° 0%

0 %

Thu

Apr 26 Mostly Cloudy

59°/40° 10%

10 %

Fri

Apr 27 Few Showers

61°/44° 30%

30 %

Sat

Apr 28 Partly Cloudy

66°/48° 10%

10 %

Get Tips to Cope with Allergies

Sun

Apr 29 Partly Cloudy

60°/40° 10%

10 %

Mon

Apr 30 Partly Cloudy

54°/39° 10%

10 %

Tue

May 1 Mostly Cloudy

59°/40° 20%

20 %

Wed

May 2 Mostly Cloudy

59°/41° 10%

10 %

Thanks, whats the pond look like today boatable. That forecast looks favorable for fishing? Not to windy.

Today is decent. No ice around the lift bridge, but thats just because of the wind today. If the wind stopped, or changed directions, you could be locked back out. Just one of those things...