Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
calli4120

Weekend conditions?

5 posts in this topic

I haven't been on the ice much this winter and I'll probably get my last chance this weekend. I was wondering how the ice is holding up.

I don't have a 4 wheeler and don't want to try and drive so I'll be on foot. Any suggestions on places to park that offer a short walk to the fishing grounds?

Thanks in advance.

The cedar creek public access just north of Isle is where some people have been going out of. It is still a bit of a walk out to some of the better areas though. Just a suggestion.

Any cracks to speak of from cedar creek access to doe island or Hennipen island?

No cracks as of yesterday.

Thanks for the replys. I'll be up saturday morning to give it a shot.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Jim Uran
      Drove out tonight It was ok
    • Jim Uran
    • biff
      First crawler picking of the year...pretty crazy in mid Feb.
    • Dave101
      Thanks, I'll check other lakes. 
    • AlwaysFishing23
      Well I know many of you are not going to believe me but I went out side (I have no clue why) and looking in the grass and saw what looked like a bunch of small twigs. Well they weren't sticks they were night crawlers! I grabbed a bucket and was able to grab 8 of them that was the first time I've got any for a long time so I missed a lot as I was way too slow went out a few minutes ago and there was none. I got them all around 7pm. Texted buddys and none of them believed me a few pictures turned that around. They all went looking and they found none must have been my area the hot spot maybe? Not really ice fishing related but its the middle of February not july finding some thawed dirt was a bit tricky either froze or mud after digging around I found some good stuff. Hoping the ice holds up and it will be safe for next weekend I'm going to have to try them for gills maybe. I've never used crawlers in the winter any of you? I've still got lots of waxes though. Now I fell I'm rambling but felt I had to share this!