Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnMickish

Lakemaster chip backup copy?

4 posts in this topic

Am I wrong to believe that I can make a one backup copy of my lakemaster chip? If I can how do I do it. I tried last night a few different times and had a data transfer to the new chip but could not get my X-15 to read the maps. What did I do wrong and/or should I stop trying?

I have to believe they are copy protected.

You can back it up on your puter and keep it there for safe keeping. If your chip then becomes corrupted for some reason, you load it back onto the original chip and it will work. It will not work if you load it onto any other chip because of the copyright infringement.

That makes sense, thanks.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• BD110
      Took a ride around to look at a few lakes today in the Duluth area today.  Needless to say I did not like what I found.  Mostly open water is what I came across.  Any thin ice I found will not be able to hold up to any kind of wind or heavy snow fall.  Come on colder temps...   As always, Take care, Tom (BD110)
    • GeluNumber1
      Someone is already fishing on 5 inches in Ely. Look up rough fish on google, then go to the first result, then go to "recent forum topics". Neat stuff.
    • Mitch K
      I took my last casts of the year today on the Cannon River, just below the dam at Alexander Park. Now I'm waiting on ice, fingers crossed for Dec 17th as it's a long weekend for me.
    • eyeguy 54
      hurry up ice!
    • Tom Sawyer
      Quite abit of new tackle, along with some different plastics options this year. Some of the new products have proven itself on soft water while doing some recon during the past few weeks, fishing first ice spots. Fine tuning "spots on the spot" can pay off big time, before fish become spooky from noise of crowds, which more times then not, makes them less willing to bite, and can make them move to other key locations nearby.