Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
binsfeldnick

How does one get a canadian fishing license

6 posts in this topic

We will be coming up on the 30th thru the 2nd and I was wondering where I have to go to get a canadian fishing license. Also was wondering if you have to have a canadian boat license. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Bins we order our liscense ahead of time, but you can go through Baudette and cross the border into canada. When you cross the town of Rainy lake is right across border it has a small bait shop gas station that sells fishing liscense.Dont bring live bait across not legal they will make you dump it out. When you cross back into minnesota stop at the border crossing and buy remote border pass they open at 8:00 am you must have that to cross back and forth on river. You dont need to buy boat stickers for Canada. I also will be up that same weekend with many friend's. annual trip that can't be missed best fishing of the year.

Thanks for the info. Last year was the first year that we have fished the rainy. We had a great time and decided that we had to come back this year. We kind of pushed our luck last year by fishing the whole river without the canadian lisence so I figured this year we better get one. Where do you go to order them in advance including this remote border pass?

What's required to get the pass in person?

I dont know if you have ever checked the clementsonresort.com web site. They have all the info you need in there information section. They also are great about keeping us all up to date on the river. Wishing for open water soon!!!

Thanks alot I will check out their site. I tried to get a room there for the 30th - 2nd but they were already booked. I ended up getting a cabin for the three of us a schusters resort. The walleye inn was also out of double rooms. Hopefully we can get the boat in at birchdale by then since that is where we went last year and did pretty well. Will be in grey alumnacraft with merc motor with my dad and sisters boyfriend. Stop by and say hello if you see us out there. Good luck to all.