Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
McGurk

Upcoming Weekend Panfishing

12 posts in this topic

Forecast of mostly sunny and up to 60 deg, after some rain to stir up the fish, and hungry panfish beefing up for the spawn; can it be a better weekend ahead? I know I'm bringing the wife out to show her how fun it can be, compared to the doldrums of a cold February.

I couldn't agree more. I'll be hitting up my favorite lake up north this weekend! Good luck to all grin.gif

Are Metro Lakes done for walking yet?

We walked out on Black lake last night. The shore was a little "iffy", but we made it alright. I think it might be a problem though in the next couple of days. It also looked like there were plenty of other spots on Minnetonka that the shore looked o.k to walk out from (just driving by and not actually checking), but I think it will be difficult on most metro area lakes by this weekend.

The access on Red Rock is getting pretty bad. Medicine's looking even worse.

As long as you can get on the ice from shore, the ice seems to be clear and strong yet out on parts of Minnetonka that I have been on this week. I'll be out there this weekend too. The crappies seem to be moving into the shallows with the sunfish more, and the perch have moved into shallow water to spawn too.. where I have been fishing. laugh.gif

Unless your initials are J.C. I think most lakes in the Metro are done.

I drove by Bush Lake in Bloomington this morning, very dark with terrible ice around the shore.

I saw a couple of guys out on Christmas yesterday but I chickened out. Things looked a little dark to me. Can anyone give an ice report for that lake? Thanks

I was out there for a short time on both Friday and Saturday. Rumor was that a couple guys went in on Saturday. It's probably best you stayed away. It was certainly spooky out there...

Total insanity. . . . . .

monday march 26th...must......get.....boat,,,,,,ready........

Waconia has been red hot for sunnies. Managed to get off the ice last night and dont dare go back and try again.