Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vermilionfootbal

new guy

16 posts in this topic

hey everyone. i have used this site for a while and have liked what i have seen. i go to school in ely for wildlife law enforcement. i registered like a month ago for this and finally am posting. i hope to learn quite a bit more from this than i already have. thanks

Good to see you here, Chad. Also nice to see what your career will be. Responsible law enforcement officers who are dedicated to protecting the resources and use good judgment are always needed. It was a career I considered carefully myself, but was too selfish in the end. COs spend WAY more time pursuing the violators of game and fish laws than enjoying the pursuit of game and fish.

Welcome. grin.gif

Are you also a VCC football jock?

Welcome to the site Chad.

yes i do play football here at vcc. i was the starting center and one of our only 6 minnesota boys on the team.

welcome!!! Im at vcc too...Majoring in Natural resources and considering a career in wildlife research or fishieres. glad to have more college kids on here. grin.gif

HI Chad,

I am also new and have been watching this site also. I will be attending Vermilion next year for wildland/wildlife law enforcement. What year are you in? Shoot me an email at justinmiron@msn.com

Welcome aboard fellas!

Quote:

yes i do play football here at vcc. i was the starting center and one of our only 6 minnesota boys on the team.

who ever asked you anything about playing football?? its community college, pretty much high school football

shedfreak you might want to read ALL of the stfcatfish message.

Finns.

comment revoked. My bad, sorry about that.

I've covered VCC football. And I've covered high school football. Not alike AT ALL. grin.gif

Oh come on Steve, cool.gif

Other than the Junior College players being bigger, faster, stronger, far greater skills, and meaner, it's exactly like high school football! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

you are definately correct. i thought it was going to be a lot like high school too or hoped it would be. much stiffer competetion and bigger faster players who love to play. definately a step up from high school.

I guess you all took me pretty literal. Until I reread the comment asking if he played football, i took it as someone boasting that they were a junior college football player, and i thought it was funny, just because its a junior college. So i made the comment about high school football only because its not like division 1,2,or 3 college football. What I am familiar with and who I know has made junior college collegiate programs were just above average high school players. Sorry for the whole comparison scenario. I am sure you are a talented football player. Far better than me, Im just a basketball player, ha ha, can't take a hit. So anyways, all done with the sports blogs, and onto the topic at hand.

SHEDFREAK32

There are a lot of guys playing CC sports that could play D1,2 and 3 football. Most of them didnt have the grades to get a better scholarship.

Mn. doesnt have CC scholarships but in many states they do. I have played against a lot of guys with the abilty to play D-1 or D-2 but didnt prioritize the schoolwork.

In Mn. CC sports arent as good as in other states but still better athletes than high schools.

I played at Fergus Falls CC (B-Ball) way back in 85 for a year then went to UMD and UWS. I had guys at FF that would have easily made the starting line up for any team in either league. The WIAC is tuff. Enough said.

Hey whens the WALLEYE opener anyways? Posts like this wont be seen come opener.

there are quite a few guys who are going to play at a higher level next year that i played with this year. Most of the guys came to vermilion to play football. me and very few others played just because we could. my original intent in going here was for my degree and sports second. a lot of these guys were inner city boys who never had lived in a small town in the middle of the wilderness. these are guys that have never seen frogs and snakes before and were freaking out about them the first weeks of practice. Also didnt understand how cold it got here and never experienced walking on a frozen lake before.

walleye opener is in just a little over 6 weeks. too bad school is done 3 days before that and have to go home to southern minnesota before