Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Papa Woodie

Bow Hunters Education Class (Needed for in city hunt)

13 posts in this topic

There is a class held in Superior, WI by the Superior Trap & Gun Club.

Class Dates:

May 3

May 7

May 10

May 31 or June 1st (pick one - written test day)

This certification is needed to participate in the in city hunts. This is only half the certification needed for the in city hunts, while the other half of the test (the actual archery shoot) will be conducted at a later time. Skippers Kid will chime in and tell us upcoming dates when they are available.

Cost: $10:00

Time: 630pm - 830pm

For information contact Doug @ 715-399-2103

Are you sure if this will qualify for the Minnesota DNR Bowhunter Ed certificate? I belive that is required for the Duluth hunt.

Fishermn,

This is the one class and yes it will, They will still have to pass the shooting test put on by the ABA. To be in the city Hunt, I will be taking Austen to this one as well so he can hunt with me this year. He is really looking forward to it I just hope he passes his shooting test? I will tell him he has to shoot three nights a week till he takes the test laugh.gif. He will do just fine and will love this hunt as much as I do and the Bucks I let walk will be there for him this year as well as all the Doe's. I do not think he will have an interest in shooting his gun again. I hope not for a wile. Call the number if you would like to sine up it is a lot of fun to get your kids involved in a great sport smile.gif.

Thanks Tom, I was just curious if this was DNR sponsored class. They were pretty picky when I took my bowhunter ed class acouple years ago. Jr already has his and has hunted the Duluth hunt the last 2 years with me. No buck for him yet, but I did manage to get his first bow harvest on tape this season. That was pretty cool. I'll probably see ya in the woods this weekend. Sounds like there will be a LOT of guys out looking for sheds! I'll probably be concentrating in the area we hunted. You and I both know that big boy survived the season grin.gif I hope he shows up this fall... shocked.gif

City deer hunt to continue in the fall

Sam Cook Duluth News Tribune

Published Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The City of Duluth has extended its contract with the Arrowhead Bowhunters Alliance to manage a bowhunt for deer within city limits this fall.

As the current contract requires, a review panel met March 30 to evaluate the ABA’s handling of the 2006 hunt, said Carl Seehus, the city’s Parks and Recreation director.

“We found they [the ABA] had performed extremely well what they were supposed to do for us,” Seehus said. The group also conducted the 2005 hunt.

RELATED CONTENT

Sam Cook Archive

The City Council does not have to vote on the contract extension because last spring’s contract was for two years, provided the ABA met its obligations. Seehus wrote a letter to the City Council recommending an automatic extension of the contract.

Seehus said the review panel recommended two minor changes. One would require the ABA to keep for five years the ethics oaths signed by hunters. The other would require hunters to put name tags on the elevated stands they use in the hunt.

In addition, it’s likely that a few small additions will be made to the designated hunting areas within city limits, Seehus said. Some residents have notified the city of areas that they would like to have included in the hunt. Last year, the hunt was conducted in 20 zones across the city, totaling about 20,000 acres.

One hundred ninety-five hunters harvested 564 deer, up from 331 taken in 2005, according to the ABA.

This fall’s city hunt will begin Sept. 15, concurrent with the statewide bowhunting season.

Sharpen your shooting skills and shoot strait and we will see ya this fall cool.gif.

Ahh ya. Puts a smile to my face!

Well I get my new Bow this thursday and bought one for Austen as well. I CAN NOT WAIT TO START SHOOTING smile.gif. I look forward to this year more than any other year and spending time with Austen in the same tree. Should be fun to watch and see what will unfold smile.gif.

Tom, what bow did you decide on?

He got yours at the swap meet. tongue.gif

Steve, I guesss it dosn't really matter what he shoots since he just likes to watch the big bucks walk bye wink.gifgrin.gif

Randy, I got the Drenalin, and Austen got the Switchback XT Both Mathews grin.gif. Now I can not wait to hunt and fishing has not started yet confused.gif. Well both Bows are great and I am happy.

Well Shot bows to Day and are good to go hunt. I am very happy with the Drenalin what a fast Bow grin.gif.

Are the dates you posted all the class dates, i mean do you have to attend all those nights, or do you have to choose one of those nights. Or is the choice only for the written test date?? Kinda confused about that? If its too late to sign up seeing the class starts tomorrow, do you know if there are any other places that such classes will be held?