Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
protrapper

DNR Public Meeting This Thursday Night 7 PM

1 post in this topic

The DNR meeting at the St. Paul building is this Thursday night at 7 pm. I urge trappers to attend and show your support for the 220. Anyonee who saw the Pioneer Press paper knows this is a big issue. I will be there myself. I believe in the next year or two we may loose this tool on land..

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Stick in Mud
      How big are the hooks you're using, wookie?   Make sure they're big enough, especially if you're using big minnows.    I also use heavier line than most people (10 lb flouro) on our rattle reels so I can set the hook with a bit of gusto without worrying about breaking off.  I might get a few less bites than my friends using 4 lb or 6 lb test, but in the long run I bet we both get the same number of fish on the ice. 
    • Wanderer
        Lighten up Francis!  LOL!  It was a blanket statement.  We see it all the time.     If you wanna get away from Sillytown, keep on fishin!  
    • eyeguy 54
      it's the whoppers pic
    • FishinCT
      I have read that mercury levels are a reason there is no commercial harvest on vermilion. But it was probably the same thing you read as I have not found a second source of that. There is commercial harvest of rustys on other Minnesota lakes so there must be a reason it's not done here.    For or what it's worth, the DNR has suggestions on how much fish to eat because of mercury.
    • monstermoose78
      Well @leech~~ if the ice stays let's go get you some crappies