Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beavflick

RIVERBEND RESORT 3/16-3/17

8 posts in this topic

Well went up to Riverbend Resort and fished the reef 22.5 miles out. we had two house between 6 of us. the first day was a little slow, we got between 35-45 fish on the first day. nothin real big just a bunch of nice eaters, and a few jumbo perch. on the second day they moved us to some better water. as soon as we got to the house it was fish on. my house did the the best, it was non stop action, all the fish were over 14". my buddy did get a 29.5" eye and 10 mins later a 38" pike. same hole same jig. the eye was the fattest 29.5 i have ever seen. we were fishing in 26-32ft of water. glow white and gold jigs where the best with shinners. it was a all around good trip. the resort cleaned up the guides from last year and what a bunch of great guys this year. if it wasnt for Big Al and his tips for us we would of never done that good. i will get some pics up for u guys.

__________________ m_6e5aba4f97e6ea837c7ff4005863da20.jpgm_9d1fee6041d32507608b5a8fecc640ae.jpgm_afb283992201e4f2eec7cafbe136fe76.jpgm_eaa29f7be2e5ba898417556d71312592.jpgm_dbe3a044780f87b11998c963de2a617c.jpg

Great report. Al is a good guy for certain. Was hoping I could get back up their this season for one more go, but this work thing......

Beav: Thanks for the report. I'm headed back on Wed afternoon for the 4th, and last, trip for this year. Sounds like the fish are on. Big Al....what a character...he can definitley make for a fun day. Did he tell you the story about the shark when he was guiding in Hawaii? If not be sure to ask him next time you're up.

Nice Pics, thanks for posting.

New Yankee: I thought by now you were far enough up the food chain, where you could kind of set your own schedule LOL...14 more months for me and then maybe 8-9 times a year. Good luck and hang on. Bill

Hey Beav,is that Eddy Haskel in those photos? grin.gif

eddy haskel... i think that might be his new nic name. i like that one

BT - LOL on the food chain! I'm just trying to keep from being part of it! 14 months..... you're going to grow fins with the time you'll be able to spend fishing! grin.gif

Bob, yes it will be nice not to have to be somewhere every morning. I'll still come back to the agency a couple of days a week to work with the new buyer (my secretary) but I can get lots of fishing in in 5 days per week. Bill

Thanks for posting Beav I was going to get to it. But you beat me to it.