Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Riverratpete

Toms Gobbling

7 posts in this topic

Going to start scouting Turkey soon and just wondering if they have started gobbling yet or is it still a little early in the game.?

The wintering groups are starting to split up! I’ve been hearing gobbles for a week or so now. I’ve also seen a few jakes out strutting for the ladies already and with the warm weather continuing to move in. It shouldn’t be long before the old boys are joining in.

I did a turkey clinic in Redwood Falls on the 17th and one of the guys told me he's seeing birds in that area strutting and gobbling already. It won't be long now. Can't wait until April 28th.

I heard Toms gobbling last week in North Dakota.

From Arlington? WOW, you must have great hearing!!!!

LOL, just kidding. How was the trip?

I was out in the woods this morning gather sap but wasn't out there long enough to hear any birds, maybe saturday I will have to get out there alittle early to hear some on the roost.

LEP7MM

The trip to ND was pretty good except for all the snowcover. Last fall we didnt see or hear much for turkeys but boy did we see them that weekend. Yes, my hearing is good but my wife say selective. smile.gif