Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crappeyeslayer

BEST FISHING EVER!!!! 3/17

5 posts in this topic

OK, I admit that the fishing was not spectacular but the weather could not be beat!! After going through 2 tanks of auger gas we finally found a few fish! A buddy and I ended up with 12 beautiful slabs and countless eyes! I did manage to catch a 39" pike on my ultralight w/6lb test line... after a half hour fight! What a blast though! grin.gif But the weather is what really made the fishing so enjoyable. It was warm smile.gif sunny grin.gif and there was barely a breath of wind! You dont get many days like that on Red!!

Agreed the weather was fantastic! For 3 guys we caught only 7 crappies but we didn't fish sunday. Moved around on saturday and didn't catch a crappie,but came back to base camp and caught 2 crappies later saturday night. Once again the weather was awesome!

yup

weather both friday and sat. was great-- When that wind decides to sit down and the sun comes out----- can't beat that.nose and cheeks still a little red today

Hey Slayer,

Congrats on your hard work paying off. Any tips on how you finally found the crappies after all that drilling? Depth? I'm heading up Wednesday and plan to search like you did...

I was out about 6 miles in 13 FOW. Just look for the rough ice and start drillin', when the water in the whole comes up nice and brown and dirty thats when you know that there should be fish in the area! grin.gif I only fish a hole 10 min and then move on, if the fish are there you will mark em' or get a hit! Search on and good luck!