Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EYEHUNTER10

minnewaska access conditions

6 posts in this topic

seen a few truck out there yesterday, hows the accesses, would it be best to walk out now or is there still a decent way on to the glenwood side with a truck? I went on the beach about 4 days ago and it looked like it was about shot. But maybe it healed with the cool overnight temps? confused.gif

I went out from the beach Saturday with my pickup. I wouldn’t try it again. The first 30 ft was not good. After that the ice was fine. Maybe the strong NW wind today will push the good ice to shore. wink.gif Are there other areas on the Glenwood side that people drive on?

followed someones tracks down the back side of the dnr parking lot worked nicely but probably wont try it again time to start walking im afraid.

Definelitly 4 wheeler or walk from here on. Not bad conditions to pull a sled by hand if not going real far. Good crappie bite from 6:30-8 pm.

Are you catching any size to the crappies? Was out there a couple weekends ago, and we caught mostly sunfish (a few over 1/2) and only 5 crappies. What bothered me was they were no bigger than the lakes around here. I remember catching some nice (12"+) fish there, but these were barely 10. Thanks for replies.

Most were 8-10 in., some 10-11, You could sort to a 10-11 inch average. I throw the big ones back as well as the smaller. The mid size are easy enough to clean for me and I don't need that many.