• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sunburn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan_V

Who would have thought the I should have brought sunscreen up to the pond with me this weekend!!! was on the ice for 10+ hours on Saturday and didn't realize the burn until I got back to the shack on shore!! Ouch!! braved the crack on the west side and hit a few different spots, but only managed a few nice fish. drilled over 100 holes for the weekend but the bite was tough for us. they were here, but getting them to take was another story!! this was my last trip for the year. it's pretty fun having the entire lake to myself! On friday night when I was out, I honestly didn't see another living soul on the lake. Saturday I saw some traffic, but still pretty light.

Sunburn can happen and did for me too. Took me by surprise as well.

The sun had no effect on me Sunday, but I did still get burned twice: nothing but the cutest little perch stealing all my bait all day AND my van broke through the 2" crust over 6" of water at Mile & 1/4 reef on the south end. Thank goodness "Big Daddy" was home to answer the pleas of a foolish late ice driver.

One word of advice for anyone venturing onto the big pond: STAY OFF THE ROADS! Water ponds up between the snowbanks and refreezes, leaving me spinning my 2-wheel drive tires to no avail. Also watch out for previous perm house locations as they can be thin, too.

Otherwise, as you stated, it was nice to have the entire pond (at least as far as my low power binox could see) to

myself!

I spent Saturday night on the couch with a icepack on my face. 8a.m. - 6p.m. was all I could take. Picked up a few nice perch on South gravel. Moved to July Bar...Nothing. Moved to the Boot and caught 8 eyes right on top in the middle of the day. We wanted to eat, so we moved to 7 mile and did pretty good on the inside turn on the NW thumb (32 FOW). 10 nice Jumbos made a great meal for me and my brother-in-law. It's open water time for me.