• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fished Pike Bay on Thursday and caught some nice jumbos. We fished by the Trench Area. Fish were biting in 12 fow so it was fun to watch them down there. Friday was not so nice to us so we moved to Bemidji. We went out to Grassy and fished in about 20 fow. Between 5 and 6 we caught some nice jumbos and a couple of pout. We went back the next morning and caught a few more jumbos. Then a couple of guys come and set up and caught 4 pout in about 15 minutes. Then another two guys come and catch 2 pout in about an hour. We ended up catching six pout in our group. We were the only ones fishing for perch while the others were fishing for pout. About thirty minutes before we left some youg kids set up and they were hooting and yelling when they caught their first pout. I always thought pout bit more at night.

Thanks for the report Otts, sounds like you had a good time. The pout are in the heart of their spawning right now and they will hit just about 24/7. They are one of the best predators to persue under the ice in my opinion. Many anglers are out there looking for pout to eat...I would rather have a mess of jumbo perch but the pout aren't bad. Can't beat the pouts willingness to eat and great fight!