Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
child23

Any body been to long point lately

child23

I'm heading up to long point and was wonderin how they have been doing around there. Anybody know how much water is on the ice. We are taking our 2 wheel drive because we dont own a 4 wheel drive. Any tips and advice would be appreciated.

Polish Prince

I was there last monday, we had poor fishing but I guess it had been good before that. We were in 35 feet of water. I heard someone in 28 ft. did ok. There was no water on the ice and very little snow. There are a few pressure ridges but should be no problem for you to get to were you want to fish with a two wheel drive vehicle. there were cars out on the lake. Good Luck

the polish prince

Kingfisher

child23; We were at LP last Tues. started in 32' nothing, moved into 28' and filled out with walleye, returned several including two 22"ers. Wed. a couple of friends were up and fished 33', kept 6 walleye and filled the rest of the limit with sauger, never know where they may be. Good luck.

ret swabby

I was in one of LP houses last saturday. Had the better half along and we did ok. One 23", 8 14-16" and a bunch of short ones. Red glow frostee was our ticket 6" off the bottom. It was a beut of a day condsidering the better halfs first time to LOW. I/We will be back again next March.

cool.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Well that is pretty sad. Had a lot of good times, burgers and dinners up there snowmobiling and 4 wheeling.   www.grandrapidsmn.com/...hill...squaw-lake/article_aa3b5546-f7ed-11e7-b45d-c34d... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjnv_rsyOrYAhUGEawKHV-ECfoQFghCMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.grandrapidsmn.com%2Fnews%2Ffire-destroys-the-hill-bar-in-squaw-lake%2Farticle_aa3b5546-f7ed-11e7-b45d-c34d5b1f648a.html&usg=AOvVaw1LRiuHCFf3M7Xusreg7vdH
    • Tom Sawyer
      Nice Bluegills Ricky! Those thumbnail sized opercular flaps are super special. H e l l those are thumbers!
    • Pat McGraw
      Well, check that one of the list. After trudging through the slush Saturday we were rewarded with a handful of undersized crappie. We'll have to try some of the options around Pelican next time. Happy, safe fishing everyone.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Beautiful weather on Sat and Sun. but plenty of traffic! No traffic today but still a very slow bite this morning. Could just be the weather change!??? Cliff
    • Draht
      Heading to that area this weekend - Curious as too how much snow cover is on the area lakes, and whether it's even worth bringing the wheelhouse?  
    • Wanderer
      I spent 3 hours last Saturday morning working on “the catalog” then went about my weekend, planning to finish at the end of the weekend.  Went to open it up and the new laptop won’t make pictures on the screen.  Tried everything; no dice.  Have to return the piece of Black Friday junk.
    • Rick G
      Here is some more dirty ice armor fish pics..... todays beast, released to fight again 
    • JerkinLips
      Cliff, did you have a lot of vehicle traffic around you on Saturday? Maybe the bad fishing on Saturday was just the weather conditions, although Saturday was beautiful weather-wise.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Same here. Thursday was a good bite and the weekend bite was mostly a bust! Cliff
    • leech~~
      I think he's going to not wash it and keep telling everyone at the bait store and on the lake he's a Pro Staff on HSO & Outdoors Minnesota. Until someone sends him a HSO hoody or new hat!
  • Share & Have Fun