Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gordie

black powder 4 longbeards?

3 posts in this topic

have any of you guys used a muzzel loading shot gun for turkeys and if so what do you think is the best powder and shot size. think I'm going to give it a whirl with the old smokepole this year and I'm going to be using a knight black powder shotgun with 3 or31/2 in wads.

I've always wanted to and with some of the new muzzleloader shotguns out there you don't need to sacrifice killing range to use them.

Good Luck!

I got into smoke burning turkey hunting last year because it was the only way to get a lic, was talked into buying a white tominator from a guy that was sittng on a little rock in a big ocean and he told me it would shoot as good if not better than my modern gun and he was right!! Used it to kill 3 toms in 3 states and it will outperform my SBE with a turkey choke and the best loads I can find for it, hard to believe intill you pattern these guns its pretty impressivewhen a little black powder and some copper-plated 5's will beat the modern loads.