• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sportsman's Swap Meet

any idea on how many tables/people are selling?? making the trek from the twin cities.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Surface Tension

• Northlander

• Nate McVey

• Valv

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

The Swap Meet is coming along wonderfully.

We have 18 guys signed up so far. The Hall is full. We are over flowing into the parking lot with tables not to mention the larger items that will be out there already.

Along with the donations of Brauts, Hamburgers and pop from

Grand Superior Lodge.

Super One Foods will be donating buns and condiments.

A big thanks to both.

Frank I am going to bring a couple of Mr Heaters to sell should I bring propane to warm things up grin.gif

Just bring some sun and 70 degrees. Hopefully all this snow and wet junk is gone by Sat. cool.gif

Frank I was on KDAL radio this morning and gave a plug for the swap meet I hope we have a good turn out. See you tomarrow after noon Nels.

Thanks Nels, I think the turnout will be very good.

The Twig Hockey Association is letting us use their side of the building so we'll have plenty of room inside.

Today Skippers Kid will plow out a larger area for parking. Thanks Tom.

Jason Manning at KQDS also did a little shout out for the Swap Meet today so that should help. Thanks a lot Jason! Holler when ya get some time off.

See everyone tomorrow morning. Doors open at 8am.

We will have Pop, Brauts, Burgers and fresh buns. Thanks to the Grand Superior Lodge and Randy Marnich/Super One for their donations! grin.gif

Also a big THANKS to Scott at Fishermans Corner for the raffle prize donation!

Hey Steve and everyone here,

I gave the swap meet a couple of plugs today on the air. (Got a few calls on it too!) That means Northlander must now guide me on a Spring Smallie trip! Yes, I am inviting myself. And I have no shame doing so! wink.gif Good luck with the event tomorrow!

Jason Manning

KQDS FM

Duluth

Working out in the garage and heard the plug today. Thanks Jason, if I get a chance I am going to swing over tommorrow.

Frank is there a deadline to bring stuff? I have some stuff for the Lake Superior anglers, but wont know if I am going to make it there tommorrow yet.

Jason, if you want to go for a boat ride take the vista, if you want to catch fish...well, I'll call ya! grin.gif

Joel,

You going to fill the hall with your stuff? wink.gif

Looking real forward to this. Saving tip money from tonight to go shopping! Now i know what girls feel like when they cant wait to go shopping!

Northlander/Surface...........With the weather tomorrow (cold) you want me to bring some coffee for the troops to sell as well? Let me know, I'm at GSL all night.

I hear ya Casey, can't wait. Try not to buy up all the LK Superior stuff before I get there wink.gifgrin.gif

Already alot of great stuff and only about a third of the sellers have brought there stuff so far. My only hope is that I sell more than I buy. There will be something for every outdoor interest.Make sure to get there at 8:00 and bring lots of cash grin.gif

Humm, bar close at 230, out of there by 330, could be @ twig town hall at 415....doors open then right? Mauahah..

I'll do my best to be there round 8....hope you guys like one dollar bills....my tip money. Well, for Stargate...i mean nickels, dimes and pennies!

If it doesnt snow a foot again, Hannah and I will be there to say hi to everyone and see if we cant find any goodies...

Surface Tension as we discussed earlier we will also bring coffee , coffee pot, cups etc. in addition to whom ever else wants to .

Big Walleye, after being on the Brule today I thought about coffee instead of pop. By all means, I will leave that up to you. Thanks for doing that!

Boy there is a lot of good stuff at the Swap Meet already.

Heck Val has enough boat parts to keep us all in good shape just by himself.

If your a big lake troller you will love the deals on spoons and sticks as well as riggers, boards and masts.

Walleye guys will find rods, sticks, cranks, nets and spinners.

I also hope I make enough to pay for what I will probably find in the outcome.

See evryone at 8 am sharp. If you snooze you will surely lose! grin.gif

Oh and dont forget to spend $2 and have a chance at winning a nice rod and reel combo ( Thanks Scottie and Fishermans Corner) along with some line and St. Louis River killing spinners. wink.gif

First of all, i would like to say thank you to everybody that put this together, it was a great time, good to see people getting rid of stuff they don't need, and others buying it right up. I picked up a set of resharpened blades for my hand auger and walked out with a steal of a deal on a new power auger. Thank you to everyone who was a part of this. It would be great to make this an annual event.

Frank you did a good job on this.There was alot of good deals to be had. That place was packed at 8am today. There was a LOT Happy buyers and sellers today. Even came up with cash for the scouts.

I would also like to thank everyone who put this on. Frank did a great job with the hall and outdoor showings, Northlander with the raffle and SK with the plowing and everything else these guys did. The turnout was better than I expected and all had a pretty good time. I saw a few people with burgers and they were some of the biggest I've ever seen, thanks to cheffrey I think the scouts did OK on the sales. Again thanks to all, I made a few sales but the day and meeting oher FMers was the highlight.

I agree with you guys. It was a great turnout with people as far away as Bessemer, MI in the UP. I purposely arrived late so that I would not find all of the GOOD stuff, and from what I hear there was a lot of excellent deals to be had. I look forward to the next one. Thanks, Frank, Steve, Tom and Tom for setting this up.

WOW shocked.gifshocked.gif

You know what they say "Go Big Or Go Home"

I appreciate the thanks and everything you all did to lend a helping hand and I want to Thank all of you that came to sell and buy, you are what made the Swap Meet a huge success.

As always it was a pleasure to meet more of the FM family and see old friends again. A Swap Meet is a must do again next year.

swap%20pic.jpg

The guy with the donut looks familiar.

WOW is right! If you snoozed you losed. grin.gif Im not a English Maojor I know.

I couldnt believe how many people we had from 7:30 (knocking down the doors) til about 10:30. It was wall to wall elbow to ---hole. The late comers found some good deals as well but the cream of the crop was pretty much done before lunch time.

Im proud of myself as well because I actually made money but still came home with a bunch of goodies. Frank how many ice houses can a guy fish at one time? Are you going to license them all? wink.gif

I was glad to see so many FMers and outdoors people coming through the doors. UMD that was me you got those auger blades from. I hope the drill ya plenty of holes.

Once again I really want to thank the people who donated time and goodies to our event.

1st off Surface Tension for getting the hall and Skipperskid for plowing. Great job guys.

Cheffrey, Shiner and Grand Superior Lodge for all the great food/pop.

Randy Marnich and Super One for all the fresh buns and Ketchup/Mustard.

Scott at Fishermnans Corner for the Rod/Reel/line raffle prize.

This raised a bunch of money for the Scouts too!

Thanks to all the guys who donated rods/reels and tackle to the kids fishing events. I cant remember all your names and dont want to leave anyone out so Ill leave it at that.

For sure we have to do it again next year. I think we need a bigger space though. See everyone then.

It was a great event !!! Being a newcomer to a FM event it was nice to meet everyone and put names to faces . A big thank you to all involved .I for one appreciate the time that all the volunteers but in to this event.Thanks again.