Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jurban24

Rookie Help

14 posts in this topic

I am going to be fishing the river on tuesday for the first time and lookin for any kind of help. Where to fish, what colors, what landing is best?

thanks

What pool? I am gonna guess 4...Easiest thing is to go to Everett's for any and every thing you need.

Check around online to find more info. on his place. He has a launch, bait shop with bait and all the jigs, ringies and blades you will need. $7 to launch, but worth it in advice since that place changes daily.

Good luck, the bite is gonna get better in the next few weeks.

Pool 4 is right

thanks for the help

Where is Everett's?

Or what is the phone number

I don't know the area to well, I am just ready to get on the water

Thanks

Jeremiah

It is on the WI side of the river. Take a left right after the 2nd bridge. Then a left at the stop sign. Then a left at the resort sign. I don't know the phone #. If you do a search online you should be able to find it.

Good luck and let us know how you did!

Jurban,

when you cross over from minnesota, you will see a public access on your left. Just past that is county road vv I believe. It says hager city with an arrow left on the sign. when you pass the strip club, there is a bridge, stay to the right. You will stop and take a left, going under the bridge, about a mile down you will see a sign for the resort. take a left down the hill and you are there. They have minnows and plastics, along with some advice. Well worth the $7 launch fee grin.gif. Looks like I will be down there as well on tuesday. need to make up for yesterday. verrrrrrry slow bite on friday. tongue.gif

Dan

is there problems with crossing to the WI side of the river

Do i need licences for both MN and WI

Thanks for your help

Jeremiah

I always land on the Alma side of Wisc. Your Mn license will do just fine.

Don't stop at the strip club. They aren't biting in there!

Troller, the bite would depend on how much money you are willing to spend for bait. shocked.gif

I am passing on the river tomorrow. The wind will be a little to much for me 20-30. I am installing a (used) new depth finder on the boat. To better see the fish i wont get. smirk.gif.. good luck to those who go out.

Dan

Three of us went out today, we gave her hell for about seven hours and did not catch a thing.

It really sucks when you are marking all the fish in the world but cant get them to bite.

I did not se anybody else catching anything so all in all not a bad day.

It was sure better than work!

Thanks for all the help guys

Jeremiah

Everets was nice as well.

He said the bite was slow and it was.

But was worth the money for a first timer like me.

Thanks again

Jeremiah

jurban- sorry to hear about the fishing.. I suppose we will see the same tomorrow. Have to go tho grin.gif. Ya just never know. wink.gif I'll report when we get back.

Dan