Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mtheis

URL Report March 12-14

2 posts in this topic

I had the pleasure of taking my father and son up to URL and stayed in one of Kelly's houses. The fish house was excellent, and I thought he was considerate to come by every once in a while to check up us. I would definetely love to come up again.

We only caught two crappies, a few 10-12" large perch, however, caught and landed about 60 walleyes (We kept a daily tab for bragging purposes.) We did not leave the fishhouse like was recommended...perhaps, when my dad is not with us so as not to leave him alone. The camera revealed alot less fish during the daylight hours, so we tried to flash and pound them in with various jigs and rattling type lures. That attracted enough fish which hit the minnows under bobbers. Our main action occured at night. We are night owls anyways so that worked out good. If you can stay up we got into ALOT of fish during three main time periods. 12:00-1:30AM, 2:00-3:00AM, and 5:00-6:00AM. What we did was turn our drags down all the way, until the line pulled out easily , and listened for the drag to work in our sleep. Both crappies were caught in the middle of the night, as were the perch. I didn't expect that. Anyways, we had a great time and will be back!

Quote:

We did not leave the fishhouse like was recommended...

You may have not left the house but I couldn't tell you guys had even been there, SUPER CLEAN! Thanks. It was good to have you guys up and I look forward to seeing you next time. As for fishing, well it's fishing, you guys out crappied me and two other pro-staff for the night.