• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bobby Bass

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WalleyeGod

• The_Duckslayer

• EatSleepFish

• Nate McVey

Back in the late 60's my only brother build a walnut record cabinet in high school shop class. Unfortunately in 73 He was killed in a car accident, then my sister had possession of the cabinet until She & her Husband moved in 2002. It was in very poor condition and She was going to trash it. When I caught wind of this I told her I would take it and proceeded to make a few jewelry boxes and other small stuff out of the reclaimed wood. Hand tools did 95% of the work, a combination of planes shaves, & rasps. The lamination's are pine, cedar & of coarse walnut. The walnut strips you see in the picture were originally worked by my Brother, and now they come with me on every trip.

[image]wildriver009.jpg[/image]

Duh, I'm just pretty! tongue.gifgrin.gif

My computer sketched it and I thought it was cool.

It's a picture of my dog, who isn't allowed on the couch, sleeping on the couch.

Currently pictured is my first looper of this year's season caught around new year's along the north shore of lake superior. I'll soon change the pic to a steelhead. I usually change with the season and latest decent catch.

Typically I change mine up every few weeks. Depends in the mode I am currently in. Recently its repainting the "barge".

This one is my biggest largemouth. 19-20 inches, through the ice, using a rat finke and a waxie. Of course the the only time I catch the nice ones are when i'm by myself and without a decent camera!!

I like to change mine up often (even though I havn't in awhile). This is a Lake Gogebic smallie from last years walleye opener in MI. Caught in 20 ft. with a Gypsy Jig tipped with a minnow under a slip bobber. Thought it was going to be a state record walleye when I set the hook! grin.gif

This is my 2nd ever, and biggest to date, musky, 45"...I caught it on White Bear last fall, there were 2-3 foot white caps on the lake and my buddy and I braved the waves to fish in my 14' lund, that fat lady hit a double cowgirl in a small sheltered bay in about 2' of water...

Quote:

Back in the late 60's my only brother build a walnut record cabinet in high school shop class. Unfortunately in 73 He was killed in a car accident, then my sister had possession of the cabinet until She & her Husband moved in 2002. It was in very poor condition and She was going to trash it. When I caught wind of this I told her I would take it and proceeded to make a few jewelry boxes and other small stuff out of the reclaimed wood. Hand tools did 95% of the work, a combination of planes shaves, & rasps. The lamination's are pine, cedar & of coarse walnut. The walnut strips you see in the picture were originally worked by my Brother, and now they come with me on every trip.

WOW MN, that is an awesome tribute and remberance. Way cool. Thanks for sharing those memories, I know that they are very special to you. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

My biggest ever bass caught last year on a small, metro lake in a float tube. 20.5", with a huge, huge gut. Mike Thompson is still jealous grin.gif!!!

Mine is from one of those years where it stayed warm into December and the ice was just not forming. I was going nuts not having ice.

I told my wife to grab the camera and follow me down to the old outhouse in the front yard. The lake had risen a lot in years prior, so the waters edge was right in front of the door.

I liked the photo so much, I wanted it to be our Xmas card. I was overruled.

Just another fine moment of outfishing jerkin'm, bigger fish and multi-species.. grin.gifgrin.gif

ChuckN has a knack for only fishing the best spots..(never are his spots though grin.gif)

This is our little slice of heaven. 20x20 cabin with no running water but very comfy. No place I woudl rather be, as the lake is crystal clear and full of smallies, largemouths, tons of pannies and small pike, and even some pretty decent walleyes. The grandkids love it too smile.gif

My weimaraner at 8 months on a hard point with a rooster 6 inches from her face in south dakota.

31.5 inch Walleye from this year. My first mount of a fish from Minnesota waters. smile.gif

• 1 month later...

My current avatar is showing the Lake Iwanttobethere CO and Law enforcement officer. It is a part time job here only during the summer. The rest of his time he is a sno board instructor. People say he looks kind of familiar.

Um.. Right now, its my first ever flathead catfish. I guess I change is as I catch new "trophy" fish.

A trophy fish is in the eye of the beholder thou.

Thats me pondering the great mysteries of life along the shore of Lake Winchell in the BWCA.

Sorry to "hijack" this thread, but how come I cant see others avatars while I'm logged in to the website, but I can when I'm not logged in?