Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TUMBLEWEED

Whitefish Chain Resort Info

8 posts in this topic

I am looking for a cabin on the chain somewhere for the

last weekend in June. Anyone have any suggestions before

I jump off and start searching?? Many thanks..

OMG I have seen some of the weekly rates shocked.gif

I wasn't planning on it being a inexpensive

get-a-way, but man!!!!

Tumbleweed,

I grew up going to a place called Beacon Shores Resort on Lower Whitefish. It is a wonderful place to stay. Plenty of different size cabins to accomodate the size of your family. I have not been back as a guest for a number of years but have stopped in to visit a few times in the last year. Everything was still as I remembered. I have been trying to convince the wife that we need to vacation there as I had so much fun in years past.

-Hossienda

I met a guy on Crosslake while up there ice fishing. He has two cabins on the lake that he rents privately. I can get you the phone number if you would like. I think the big cabin (lake home, not cabin) is about $1500 per week, and the small one (more rustic) is $500 per week. Has dock on nice part of the lake. Nice swimming and fishing right there. The big cabin VERY NICE. Not sure of the availablity, but thought I would mention it. I don't know him, just got the info for family members, as I have cabin up there, but not on chain. Let me know and if interested your email, and I can send you the number.

Beacon Shores is one, another is Driftwood Resort on the NW side of the big lake.

Also, try for something on Hay Lake, it might be cheaper.

If you don't mind camping,(tent or trailer) try the Crosslake Corp. of Eng. camp ground in Crosslake...nice camp ground with elctric showers, everything.

I think there is another resort on Big Trout lake in Manhatten Beach.

Good Luck!

The Crosslake Campground is A1 in my book. Stayed there tons. Only problem is getting a reservation. Most sites will be booked by now for that date. But definitely worth a try if camping is an option.

I have stayed at Tip Top resort on Clamshell lake for years and I highly recommend that resort. They also have a nice sand beach if you are bringing the kids. I have always thought there rates were very reasonable also.

I was at the Cross campground last year, June.

Thought that I heard some talk about shutting it down, along with some other corp. campgrounds due to funding.

Has anyone heard any word on if that is true?

Believe they even had something posted at the gate.?