Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joeyquicksand*

HOW DO I FISH THIS EARLY OFF THE 494 RAMP

3 posts in this topic

My buddy and I are trying to get the boat on the water this weekend on the ol miss... First off, we need to find the 494 launch, and then any suggestions about fishing the river this early would be much appreciated.... PLEASE HELP!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

I know how to snag shad in that area and thats about it blush.gifconfused.gif, can't catch a thing on that stretch of river to save my life confused.gif

494 ramp is in South St Paul. Take 64A exit (Hardman Ave) go north on Hardman take first right (Verderose Av) and follow it around to the access. You will cross some railraod tracks and go under the 494 bridge. MIght still have some detours in the area to deal with due to bridge construction so take a look at mapquest to get the general layout.

As for fishing look for current seams and 8ft to 14ft of water. The wing dams and shallow sand flats all hold walleyes and they usually have a marker buoy on them. Ringworms and SuperDoos as well as the the old jig and minnow will work. Give a spot 15 minutes and if nothing bites try another. Walleyes are moving all over in the river right now and they could be anywhere. good luck.