Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DEADhead

Fly Inventory

6 posts in this topic

How are other tyer's fly inventories coming along?

I've got about half of what I want to tie completed. Luckily I still have 2 to 2.5 months to get them done before the season(s) start. Numbers wise, I am plenty good, I've got at least 5 dozen tied already. I still want some more clousers, though, in a couple of more different colors. I haven't even started tying my divers/poppers yet. I'm hoping to get at least two dozen tied yet. Also, I've been meaning to try and tie up a few dozen tube flies, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Here's some of what I've tied so far this season. These are some of my pike/muskie/walleye flies.

2007clouserssw0.jpg

2007bunniessy5.jpg

My fly tying has been coming along just fine, thanks to the fly swap. The fly swap made me realize it was time for a new vise, so I picked up a Griffin Patriot. Wow! Now my vise that once was in the corner of the spare bedroom has moved all the way into being the centerpiece of the living room. smile.gif

I have a ton of tying to do still! I just got done with enough nymphs and wets to last a season (hopefully). Now I still need to tie steelhead, lake trout, and bass flies!

Speaking of which, does anyone have any patterns that have worked well for lakers they would be willing to share with me. I have so far been tying heavey strip leeches, zonkers, clousers, and decievers. Any other ideas?

I have close to 400 flies in this group. I fish the SE streams and central minnesota lakes for pannies,bass and pike.

flybox00512mp1.jpg

QS,

how about an all white double bunny with some rainbow or pearl krystal flash for the lateral line? I think the strip leeches, zonkers, clousers, and decievers will just about have your bases covered. I don't know where to go from there, except white everything.

yeah, I've been tying a lot of white and pearl colored flies. I can't wait to try a few of them out.