Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pigashalaka

Fort Francis River Landing

5 posts in this topic

It looks like I might be shut down for landing my boat on the american side of Rainy River, anyone know conditions for the Fort Francis landing near the dam? I know it faces south, might be better shape than the one in the falls. Any help would be appreciated. The boat is just begging me to be put in....Sturgeon are waiting for me. Thanks....

Pig

Not sure about boat launch but check about changes to sturgon regs for this spring, changes where made to season dates and size restrictions

I just checked it for you. You can launch care free as the ice has been removed. Yep, the sturgeon rules have changed to overall length instead of fillet length and the May is no longer open season.

R_D

Thank you so much for checking the landing, that is great news!!!!! WE just got 4 inches of snow last night, what was the totals up there???? If not much snow, I am coming up on sat!!!!

Luke

Yes, I would come up. Start just upstream where you put in smile.gif.

Have fun.

We are in the middle of planning this years sturgeon float trip. I can't wait. A three nighter this year.

R_D