Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Cranker

Road Down to Four Wheelers, Snowmobiles and WilCrafts Only

1 post in this topic

Although I am in Stevens Point, Wisconsin right now I am keeping my finger on the pulse of what is going on on Mille Lacs. Made some phone calls this morning and recieved some phone calls too.

The report is that the Perch are getting more active in 26ft to 30ft of water, in that gravel/mud/sand areas. Some dandy's have been caught with some smaller ones too. It seems that most of the lake is doing well in these waters.

They should start moving into the shallower water here any day.

Talked to three fisherman via e-mail that shared their day out on the Doe Island Reef. No one caught their limit of perch but everyone said that they caught fish and there was plenty of action throwing back the smaller fish.

The road access might be done for the year to vehicles. The access is now only open to four wheelers and snowmobiles and of course the WilCrafts. Please do not drive your vehicle out as you may not get back to shore without getting really wet! Plenty of ice out there its just the shore line that is getting bad.

The roads are wet but not bad at all. There is five miles of roads from the bay, throughout the whole Doe Island Reef from that 30ft of water to 8ft of water in front of Cedar Creek.

PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE OFF THE ROADS AS I RECEIVED ANOTHER REPORT OF ANOTHER TRUCK THAT HIT AN OPEN WHOLE ON THE NORTH END AND DROPPED THE FRONT AXEL IN.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE PUTTING ANY LAKE TRUCKS ON THE ICE ANYMORE THIS SEASON!!! SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND JUST USE THE ROADS!

Good Luck and Fish On!!!