Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SWMuskeye

This Friday

9 posts in this topic

This Friday I took off work, and by the sound of things I will be dragging my fish trap, not driving with it in the back.

Are there any spots on the south side within 1/2 mile or no more than a mile from shore that would be worth fishing? How about Rocky Reef? Has Isle Bay been going yet? Thanks in advance for the replies.

theres plenty good fishing within walking distance of cedar creek public access just a couple of miles north of isle along the east side.

regards,

minnesotatuff

I agree. Quite a few people are doing well out of Appeldoorn's it isn't too bad a walk out to just the other side of Doe Island.

I would stay on the road though, there is still plenty of slush and snow on the ice that hasn't melted. It would make more work for sure if you went "cross country".

crazyice,

Good point. They do have a road going straight out to Doe Island smile.gif

I am personally done ice fishing for the year, but if I were to go up now or this weekend I would hit the public access’s. The snow we got did two things. It stopped all travel on to lake from public access’s and has acted like a blanket insulation for shore line. The public access’s might even be a way on for cars or trucks, because snow has melted down. The access south of Sunset bay did not have any tracks even going into parking lot on Sun.. It wasn’t even plowed. Proceed with caution when driving or even walking on to lake, but there’s around three feet out there still. This is my thoughts on this subject.

Good luck!

The lake is good to go now.I wouldnt recommend going cross country though,the cracks are going crazy lately and people are dropping their front ends in.I heard of three this past weekend.

I would highly discourage going off the roads right now. There are a lot of open holes that have been insulated by the snow cover and have gotten a lot larger from the water creating a tornado effect and running down them. I can confirm 3 vehicles dropping there front ends in these holes. One of the gentlemen ended up with a broken front axle. I would hate to see that happen to anyone, as the end result is not a cheap repair frown.gif

Shackbash,

I have to disagree with your comment on the public access. Especially using Cedar Creek's. There has been alot of people that have fished in that area before the snow fall and I have scouted that whole area before I plowed the roads. There are holes that were open twice their size two weeks ago and I can assure you that these holes are now more open than two weeks ago.

If you haven't been out on the ice every day and know the conditions of the ice (especially early ice and late ice) you best stay on the roads that the resorts put out there for you! I can't stress how important this is on this lake. Mille Lacs is NOT like your typical lake.

Be safe and use the roads.

ish On!!!