Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

battery charger

10 posts in this topic

MinnKota --

Do you guys like the Kota brand on-board charger? I got the Dual Pro from Skeels last year and it was a great one.

Now I have to get a new one because of the whole new-boat thing.

Which one do you guys use and why?

Some say to stay away from the 20 amp per cell trickle because it will kill your battery.

Hey Da-hitman I would maybe put this under Expert/Equipment, it seems that gets tons of hits per day and I think you would some answers quick, sorry to say not everyone checks the DL forum.

Minn Kota's are fine, 10amps would be sufficient. Dual Pro makes a nice charger, but I think you'll be ok with Minn Kota.

Hitman

We have the Minn Kota charger and it works fine with our 24 volt system set up for our trolling motor. I have no complants with it.

A. Shae

The guy we are buying it from keeps saying that the MinnKota is better and if there are problems with it they are easier to work with.

Hard to tell if he is just trying to sell that one because it has better profit levels or spiffs or what?

Maybe he just likes it better - -I don't know.

2 Shae --

Where is your dad these days? I have not seen him for a while.

I had a minnkota in my old boat that was a 3 bank 30amp and I loved it. Now I to have come into a 2 bank minnkota with a new boat and have no complants with that one yet.

Hit,

My dad took a new job in mahnomen at First National Bank, he can do more ag loans there then he could in hawley, he enjoyed working there but he likes to get out more so he went to Mahnomen.

35 --

Thanks

your dad is a good guy and I wish him well. Say hi to him for me.