Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SCORE

Campbell's Resort on Sand Lake

6 posts in this topic

has anybody heard anything about this resort?

SCORE, there is an earlier thread in this formum, dated 1/10/06, that has some various comments about this resort. You may want to check it out.

The wife and I stayed there last year the first week of June. Nice place, but the owners wife was left to run the whole place I thiink for the summer due to her husband was gone going to some Ministry camp. She was left to run the whole place by herself. I kind of got the hint that the owners now are into religion big time, (nothing against that) but do seem to push that fact in thier seasonal letters and such along with no more serving of alcoholic beverages in the lodge at all. Some good points though, nice cabins, great dock-boys for your boat and bait needs, they even will clean your fish for you if you so desire (I clean my own fish), great beach area and lots to do for the kids and all. The fishing for walleye was great that week, the wife and I boated nearly 60-walleyes in the 5-days we got out and some nice bass too, however we most likely will not return to the resort due to I thought that since they are farily new restort owners, I thought it was pretty selfish for the husband to leave for the whole summer and to leave the wife to fend for herself with the resort, which she did a great job at while we were there. Their x-mas news letter we got for the 2007-year sort of stated that lots of their 2006-year guests felt the same way we did and that the 2007-resort year will focus more so on the GUEST'S themselvs and their needs. I don't mind what ever religion a person beleives in but just don't push down my throat in your news letters and such and while I'm a guest there. They need to focus on one thing and that's the resort and the guests. Sand lake is a great walleye lake, maybe find another resort on the lake, is my opinion.

C&AMAGN - Glad to hear you had a good fishing trip on Sand Lake. It really is a great lake. If you want to return to Sand Lake and are looking for a different resort we would like to offer our services. I guarentee our focus is on our guests, that is why we return so many guests/friends year after year. I see you are from Big Lake. I have many guests/friends from Big Lake who I am sure would give you great references for our resort. I would be happy to set that up if you contact me. lakewoodlodge.com

"lakewood", thanks for the post. We checked out your website this past w-end and your resort looks great along with other fm-ers from the past saying good things about your resort. We booked the first week of June this year up at Arcadia Lodge on Big Turtle Lake to try this year but we will be keeping your lodge in mind for next year. Thanks!!!

Arcadia is a nice resort as well. I am sure you will enjoy your stay.