• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

From what I hear the ice on the Zumbro is pretty well shot. It's really starting to open up near Fisherman's with 5' of water on the shorelines.

I was thinking a guy might be able to make it out on the North side near the pondy or public ramp, but I just recieved an email that the entire lake is under a "Slow or No Wake" Status. This means the water level is nearing flooding, so I'm going to venture a guess that there is several feet of water around the shorelines of the entire lake. Icing it might be over for the Zum frown.gif

Just took a drive down to Fisherman's Inn to check out the condition of the ice....bad news....she's done for....didn't go down to Pondy area but I can't imagine it's much different down there.

The lake is up I'd say at least 5 feet from when I was there Sunday and it has busted out the shore ice and looks to have raised pretty good havoc with the ice that remains as well. The water was half way up the railing on the little fishing pier on the North side of the point - like I said, I figure that's at least 5 feet higher than Sunday.

Too bad...I figure it was just about to really turn on in that area too.

Oh well, Won't make the Foster's outing tomorrow now so I'm thinking of making a trip over Waseca way Sat if the news is better that way to get one more outing in before open water.

Be careful if you venture out.