Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
B@ssDoctor

Anyboday still driving on Belle/MB?

9 posts in this topic

I have not been out in a week, and I have no clue how the ice looks (except from the highway). Wondering if anyone can give a brief ice report...

Although I went to Erie Saturday, I didn't see a soul on Belle from the road where the turn to Erie is. Haven't fished Belle either, but Erie had a good 24" of ice. I'd think Belle would be similar.

Not sure what the launches are like now though. They might be good enough yet.

Lots of water on top of the ice. I drove by Waconia on my way home yesterday and you could barely tell the lake was frozen.

Was out on Clearwater last weekend and it was pretty sloppy, you need 4 wheel drive for sure out there. Dont know about any of the lakes south of HWY 12 though.

I would not drive on Washington with a vehicle at this time. Lots of moving water.

Ice was fine on Belle last night. With the colder nighttime temps, it should only get better throuout the weekend. Last night leaving the lake the water/slush was starting to firm up. Ice was still in the 20's..

I would like to give you a fishing report, but I can't cuz I was the only one on the lake last night...... wink.gif

soo the fishing report was???? Was thinking of heading out there one day this weekend. Is it worth it?

The late afternoon bite was better than at night. 22 feet of water. IMO opinion, I would go shallower than this next time, since most of the fish came through in schools prior to the "power hour". I can only imagine they were making there way in shallower. Maybe 16-18 feet?

any size to the crappies? I was out there a time or 2 early ice and caught all dinks...7-8". Its that time of the year now the big boys start feeding. Thanks for any info.

Most were on the small side. Couple other mixed in. You would pull a couple out of the hole and then move on to the next.

No it wasn't like in the past for big ones. I am quite sure we will not see that for a couple of more years... mad.gif