• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

boat spring maintenance question?

Guys I have a dumb mechanical question about replacing the hubs on my trailer. This year is bearing year for my trailer. WHen I did them 2 years ago each side for some dumb reason used a different size bearing therefore i am guessing 2 diferent hubs. Well this year I am going to just buy 2 new hubs since they are only about $30 each and take 5 minutes to put on. But here is my question: ARE ALL SPINDLES the same size generally? I was looking at some yesterday that said for 1 1/4 " spindle (I think) and it made me wonder. Any one know?

Paul, spindle size increases as load capacity of the trailer increases. If you have two different bearing sizes on your trailer chances are you also have two different spindle sizes. The inner race of the big bearing fits on the biggest part of the spindle. Measure the diameter of both spindles on the area that the inner race rides. If you have two different size spindles go with the bigger one, replace the smaller spindle, buy one hub and two sets of bearings and seals. fishineyes