Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeepguy

People leaving garbage on lakes!!!

6 posts in this topic

I was out at Buffalo lake this afternoon/evening. I noticed my dog sniffing over at an area where someone had obviously fished in the last couple days. There was garbage all over the place. 1 LB tanks all over, a half empty box of burger patties, beer/soda cans, and other misc. plastic items. I picked up what I could. All I want to know is.... what kind of sportsman does this? DO they think all the litter magically dissapears after the ice melts. THis makes me mad, because all this does is ruins our future fisheries, and here we have peopel who think it is party time on the ice, which is fine, but they cannot pick up after themselves. PIGS!!!

Hey man i hear ya 2 minutes picking up after yourself and it would all be over. Its that easy and it would do a lot.

out of all the lakes i have ever been on buffalo seems to be the worst i dont see why you cant just pick up after your self i just throw everything into the bottom of my fish house then throw it away when i get home

I would love to see a CO give someone a 500.00 littering ticket for this. My message to the littering people..."hey dummy, do you think the garbage melts with the ice???"

i think i end up pickin up something or another whenever i leave the lake.

I think this is something we should police ourselves. If you see someone leave some trash behind go over and politely pick it up and tell them to take it with them. If they say no find out what they are driving get the license plate and call it in. These people need to be stopped from ruining our lakes.