• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Packers trading for Moss

Trainman

Word on the street is that Packers are making a trade offer to Oakland for Randy Moss. Kind off surprising considering no one on the GB wagon will admit to liking the guy.

What do you guys think?

I think I'll haved a tough time seeing my favorite player in the enemies colors. I hope it falls through.

Even when Moss is not " playing " they have to respect his ability and double cover him . Driver and Jennings are drooling over the prospect of Moss coming in and freeing them up . Packer fans don't like Moss cause he was a Viking , thats all . Like it or not Packer fans Randy Moss could make your team a contender again . Your defense wasn't horrible and your " O " line was young and will get better . With Moss , Driver & Jennings and a line that could give Favre a few seconds to find those guys - wow .

As a vikings fan the thought of Favre to Moss is a scary one. I think the two of them would make a pretty good team. It would be fun to see him in green and gold after he "mooned" the crowd. I think that w/ a leadership figure like Favre, he should be able to keep Randy's head on straight!

Boo! We made a big mistake by trying to keep Culpepper and getting rid of Moss. Bring him back to Purple. Moss in Green and Gold might kill me, even though he's lost at least a step from his prime.

I thought it was a HUGE mistake to let Moss go and I would LOVE for him to come back to MN . We need a reciever , why wouldn't we go after him ?

Would love to see Moss in the green! would be a wasted position for the packers. Not to mention the distraction in the clubhouse. Moss was let go for a reason. He was losing his skills and it sure showed at Oakland

Its hard to say what is true and what is rumor out there right now. I've read a million different variations on this story. What is fact is that the Packers are interested if they could get him for the right price. TT is not in a hurry though, as the longer he waits, the better deal he may get. Al Davis wants a 1st or maybe 2nd rounder, but with Moss not wanting to be there anymore, the price may go down as the summer approaches. I would bet that TT low-balled him with something along the lines of a 3rd round pick and Ferguson...also with the deal being contingent that Randy agrees to restructure his contract. Davis won't bite on that yet, but doesn't have a lot of bargaining power. Now TT can sit back and say, "take it or leave it" and see what happens come draft day. Again, this is my GUESS of where it is at.

Personally, I don't ever want to see him in green and gold. Too much of a distraction. What happens when Favre throws to old reliable Driver when Moss is open (or thinks he is)? He'll start complaining and taking plays off as usual. I say pass on him, hope for Jennings to have a break out year and then possibly get Koren back by the end of September. (I can't believe I just said that. crazy.gif)

Harlan (Packers CEO) said yesterday that the phone calls and emails he is getting from fans are about 60/40 against trading for Moss.

KFAN just said it was really close to being done on PA and Dubay. Aaron Rodgers, a conditional pick, possibly more for Moss. 95% chance it will be done by tomorrow, said Mike Florio, profootball dot you know what.

Start burning your Vikings Moss jerseys.

"Yo, what up Green Bay"

So if they do pull the trade for moss and get rodger's in return who do they take #1 overall in the draft? Calvin Johnson?

Quote:

So if they do pull the trade for moss and get rodger's in return who do they take #1 overall in the draft? Calvin Johnson?

Ya Calvin and then they'd be set on offense with what's supposed to be a good young QB and the offensive stud of the draft. Of course it would leave the Pack up Poo-creak next year when Favre is done...

Quote:

Of course it would leave the Pack up Poo-creak next year when Favre is done...

Nothing wrong with that grin.gif!!! Then moss would be on another team with no QB and sulk all year long!! I still will hate seeing Moss in a Pack uniform.

Thompson and Harlan are saying its all rumors. There are stories on about every football site right now saying the deal is all but done, however. Someone leaked something and the you-know-what hit the fan. Harlan says he knows nothing and Thompson just said in a press report, "We will chalk this one up to wild speculation."

If the pack gets moss. It will be one washed up player catching a pass from another washed up player. RETIRE

I would love to see Moss/Favre combo. Favre still has his arm and Moss still can catch. Can he run? IDK I think his hamstring must be healed by now. He seems to be a bargain if you trade a 3rd round draft pick. He would have some leadership something he did not have in Oakland. Also, he can moon Cheeseheads every week if he wants to.

Wow, two crybabies on one team..........good luck with that Packer fans. LOL laugh.gif

Don't be hate'n fellas. Farve loves to throw the deep ball (up for grabs lots of times) and Moss excells at the catching such said pass. I think it's a good fit. True Moss is a cancer, so hopefully the packers win and Moss catches lots of passes.

you know what, sad but true, if moss is with farve, there going to be dangerous.