Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tunrevir

Forest Lake Ice surface Cleanup

11 posts in this topic

Hey just wanted to put out a shout to all Fmr's that fished on the lake this winter and have some freetime Sunday afternoon. The Forest Lake Association is putting on an ice surface cleanup this Sunday. The meeting time is 1 p.m. at bayside park(the city boat launch) There will be a free BBQ at the Forest Laker following the cleanup. I am going to forego a trip up north to participate and hope that many of you will be able to attend. Anyone with a 4 wheeler and a trailer is very needed at this point. All volunteers need to have is a pair of gloves a work ethic and a god appetite! We have one dumpster donated, it would be nice if we could fill more and let people know how much this is needed on all area lakes this time of year. Questions? call 651-755-6400 Blake Roberts or 651-982-1277 Chris Hoyt. Blakes e-mail address is broberts@forestlakefloral.com Please don't edit this as it is a goodwill thing to clean up the lake surface for everyone elses enjoyment. I look foreward to meeting up with some other FMr's out on the lake this Sunday! Any other questions can be sent here to tunrevir in reply and I'll do my best to answer them for you. Thanks guys, it has been an awsome winter!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Sounds like a great event. I'll see if I can make it.

Hey tunrevir,

I have been thinking about doing something like this on more than just one lake. It would be nice if we could get a group together to go around to a couple area lakes, do one or two a day on the weekends. Concentrating on hitting the spots that the crowds build up on.

Sounds like there is going to be another event up chisago way. I didn't realize it but there is a forum for posting cleanups at the end of the site. I am also going to post over there. Thanks guys, all help would be appreciated! Lets keep the resource clean and usable for others in the future! I can't wait for the BBQ afterwards! MMMMMMMM!

Tunrevir cool.gif

Anyone else free Sunday afternoon? Four wheelers and trailers are needed but we will have transportation out there! Come on where else can you go and get free food for minimal work? Had a few interested parties earlier when I posted this. In all honesty, I would be sitting at home after church and watching Nascar but I also feel I need to help take care of the resource. If you want to help out the more hands the quicker it will go and the race will be on at the Laker afterwards. We can do this in three hours versus a whole day if we get enough people out! Thanks!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

If I get back into town early enough I'll be there.

I really want to go, but I wont be back in time to make this one, but next weekend I might try to get out somewhere. I want to see if I can find one close to home next weekend.

Cool, any help out there on any area lake is welcome! This one just happens to be a bit more organized at this point. Anything that anyone can do to pick up is appreciated! Thanks for the interest.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Was out ripping around on the snowmobile last thursday i believe it was and loaded the trunk of the sled up with some garbage, and also found a brand new Tip-up.

Cool!, I have found lures, rattle reels and all kinds of tackle during the cleanups! I even found a spoon I lost on an early ice foray and then found it stuck in the ice during a spring sweep!

Tunrevir~

Hey just wanted to say thank you for the guys that showed up today for the Lake cleanup! It was a big success and it went relatively quick with all of the help we had out there. Ole Matty, was there and I also met a few Lurkers(Mike and Greg) you know who you are! Thanks again for the efforts of all involved! If I didn't make it to say hello I apologize, look for the faded mickey mouse hat in a blue grey and that is likely me! Thanks again guys and gals, what a great event!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif