Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pigashalaka

Landing in I'falls

10 posts in this topic

I live on the Range and was wondering of the conditions the river landing in the falls. It wasnt too bad when I looked a few weekends ago. Lots of melting. I want to launch an 18 foot boat. Can anyone update me on the conditions by this weekend?

As of today the access is icy and still barracaded. Plus there is a couple feet of shelf ice. In my opinion don't be too excited to fish this early up by the dam, your fish will be few and far between. Wait until the river opens up downstream for some better fishing.

Tearing Lips--

Thanks for the info, I just want to get on the water. I have done well for sturgeon this time of year, that is what I will be targeting. Another option is trailering across to the Fort Francis Landing, which I know faces south and is farther upstream. That might be better for landing. Anyone know what the conditions are of that landing? I just want to fish!!!!!!!!

Ah Ya Pig,

I would suggest trying the Warp 9 access if it is open. If the Warp 9 access is not clear then you could trailer to Robin's and fish in the boat on the ice. What kind of equipment do you use for sturgeon? I like to use my 12 foot orca with spider wire and a circle hook. Do you use circle hooks? Statz can make his fingers in a circle and the donkeys enjoy it. Where has Statz been?

-Tundra

Dear Pigashalaka,

You live on the Range? Cool! Isn't that where the buffalo roam and the deer and the antalope play?

I have not been to the River this year, but would imagine that you could launch your 18 foot boat if you have the proper thrusters and two bumperbowlers. Ask Tundra for the correct specs to calibrate your flinker tank.

Howgs and Pig, I believe the specks for the flinker tank are around 2, 3, 4, 5, somewhere in there. I have ran them hotter but that effects the reverb. Still going to the river Pig?

-Tundra

Who is this Tundra guy? What on earth are you talking about.

Tundra is a hard rocking fisherman that insires me to be a better person. He is also an expert with alternative gadgetry on inland freshwater boats and terminal gear. My hero.

Fishin fer,

Thanks for the accalades, I appreciate it. I have learned many tricks and techniques over the years and am willing to share them with fisherman like you. Shoot me an email sometime and we can talk about hooking you up a flinker tank and proper use of circle hooks. Are you heading to Gus's for the Grasshopper celebration? I heard West Side will be hoppin'.

-Tundra Urho

PS. I can't believe Pig doesn't remember me. I'M THAT GUY!!!

Tundra-

We will have to hook up on the river sommetime this summer. I am confident that we can troll for sturgeon with my air boat no matter how low the water is. Sounds like it is starting to be a prop mangler up there.

How was West Side? I have never had much luck fishing there, but have whacked tons of duck decs.