Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Cranker

Re; Road Conditions

8 posts in this topic

I am sorry to say that we are closing the road to vehicles for now. Only four wheelers and snowmobiles and of course Wilcrafts.

The ice is still good but the landing is deteriating.

Fish On!!!

i have a small car, do you think i would be able to get that on the lake this weekend if the snow melts? i was looking forward to some perch fillets.

TRZ,

The landing was really starting to deteriorate when we left this a.m. I would advise against it. frown.gif

thats really great to know I am going up this weekend and hope to get into some jumbos. Hey Cranker maybe I'll finally get to meet you>

TRZ,

On Sun. Appledorns had switched the exit off of lake from what I had gone out on to a differenty area. I figured by Mon., they would not be able to drive out anywere at Apple dorns. Water skipping is your only chance, or Wilcraft.

Here are a couple caught by Deitz yesterday:

dietz-perch-mille-lacs-031207.jpg

I'd get up there if I was you. The perching should just keep getting better. Walking or wheeling will get you there.

The weather was something else!!! Wow!. And as you can see there are fish out there to catch! Here are some tips.. Stay mobile. We seemed to do best moving around an area a lot. Go with a 1-2 punch... One larger lure to draw them in, if they dont hit it, then drop a second lure down that will get them. I used a small nills master jiging shad(like a jigging rapala) with a wax worm. And then used a Diamond Jig as my finess lure, with eruolarvae.

Fishermen and Fisherwomen,

Unfortunately, I am in Stevens Point, Wisconsin this week at the Wisconsin Resort and Campground Convention displaying our four season park model rv cabins (www.appeldoornsparkmodelsales.com).

So I will not be at the resort this weekend. I'll be thinking about the perch fishing though, I can assure you that! Justin or Jon, will be able to help you with your road passes and any details on the roads in the office. Folks, the office is the little cabin with our sign on it as you first pull into Appeldoorn's Resort.

I wish you all luck and hope to see some pictures up here on FM so I can see them out here in Wisconny.

Fish On!!!