Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RJR

LOW Perch

5 posts in this topic

Headed up Thursday to the pond. Have fished lake of the woods 3 times in the winter. I have read a few post's about Jumbo Perch. On Mill Lacs a Fat Boy with 3 waxxies has worked well. Will this work on LOW or should I put a chub on the Fat Boy.

I've tried waxies, gulp etc and have never had real good luck with them. My best rig was a plain hook with small fathead, or small glow crappie jigs with fathead. On occassion emerald shiners have also done well. Either way the set up is good for walleye, saug and perch. Bill

My favorite Perch rigs are glo-devils, buckshots and other smaller heavy type spoons like these with a short dropper to a #6 or 8 Kahle. Smaller Fatheads and Shiners for bait, waxies and such would work too on these I'd reckon.

fiskyknut

Thanks for the tip. Gonna get some fatheads. grin.gif

This past weekend the shiners outperched the fatheads hands down. I was using fatheads and got 1 perch and my buddies had shiners and they caught 10, but the fatheads outfished the shiners for walleyes by a pretty good margin as well.